Powered by Blogger.

Live from New York City...The (Not-so) Calm After the Storm

Looks a lot like yesterday's photo, but no one has an umbrella today.

Above picture is the view from my apartment. We had lots of rain and some wind. I was beginning to think our neighborhood was totally untouched, but one of my neighbors suggested I walk one block to Riverside Park, which is on the Hudson River. The sight was not as pristine. 




My friends in Brooklyn weathered the storm well, but my cousins in Connecticut have lost power and some trees on their street. Heard from them via cellphone to facebook. The joys of the modern world. 

Thanks all, for your prayers and concern. I am grateful that Irene was gentle in New York City, but I am so sad for the destruction and death in other places. I hope that all my buddies in Blogland and their families were unscathed.  

I am now in major preparation for tomorrow's surgery. I'm off to the hospital at 7:30 tomorrow morning and anticipate being home some time in the evening. My friend, Pene, will go with me and pick me up. I'm optimistic all will go well, but will be so grateful when it's over and I am happily back at home. 

Prayers and wishes for a quiet week in Buttercupland and the surrounding environs.

16 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad to hear that it was not as bad as expected there and all is ok. I'll be praying for a successful surgery for you and a speedy recovery too. Take good care.

Melissa said...

Best of luck with your surgery!

Barbara F. said...

Good luck tomorrow! As soon as you are up to it, please post an update. xo,

Kate said...

So glad you're through the worst of your storm and survived quite well. It's so sad to see those trees like that. Best wishes for tomorrow. Lots of love
K

Unknown said...

Happy to hear you are out of the woods with that awful storm. Hope it goes well for you tomorrow. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the worst is over! I have been thinking of you!!

Theresa said...

Oh my friend, I am happy that you are safe and without damage! I have watched Fox News looking for all of my friends in blogland's homes, hoping that they were safe!

I will be praying for you that the surgery is a success and that recovery will be quick and pain free!

Big hugs from Georgia!

Lynda said...

Praise God that your surgery is still on schedule. I am thankful you have someone to transport you. Just remember NOT to overdo while recovering. Rest a lot & drink a lot but also get up and walk a bit when you feel like it.
My prayers for a swift and uncomplicated recovery, too!

TARYTERRE said...

I'm glad you weathered the storm. My prayers and thoughts will be with you during surgery. Hoping you have a speedy recovery once you're back home. Take care.

Mimi said...

HI BUTTERCUp,
I WATCHED the storm on the tv all day yesterday, most of the night, stayed up til about 2 am wanted to make sure New York got through the night ok, and then today...so I was happy to see NO Major damage was done, GOD was good --well Some perished and for that I am so sad. God be with all those folks who suffered alot of loss. I will be Praying for you on Monday, Praying that your surgery goes well and NO complications. Let us know how it turns out, if you can send me a private message with your address I would Love to send you a card.
Hugs,
jamie

Simple Home said...

I'm glad Irene has passed through and you are okay. I'll be praying for you tomorrow.
Blessings,
Marcia

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Buttercup,
I have been worried about you. I am so glad that the storm was not as bad in your area as they thought it would be. I have been watching the weather channel and hoping all was well with you.

I will be praying for you tomorrow. Having just gone through this surgery, I know that it is not fun but hopefully all will go well as it did with me. Please post and let us know how you are as soon as you can. We will all be holding our breath until we hear from you.

Good luck dear friend. Many hugs, Lura

p.s. I am glad that you had such a good time at Tom's wedding.

~Kristen~ said...

Thankful you survived the "friend" called Irene. I think me, here in NC, fared way better then my family and friends in NY.

Sheilagh said...

Thinking of you, hope you are home safe and sound after your surgery. My prayers for NY were answered, now want my prayers for you answered:)

Love and Big Hugs

Sheilagh and Ralph xxx

Melinda said...

Glad to hear that you made it through the storm. Bad Irene!
Wishing for a successful surgery.

Take Care.

Melinda

Sybil said...

I am so glad that you are all safe and that Irene did not do as much damage as she coudl have...Prayers for a good outcome fom the op.
hopefully I will hear more before I go away on saturday on my 14 day cruise...
much love Sybil xx