Powered by Blogger.

Buttercup Goes to a Wedding...

...and what a wonderful wedding!

Crossing Lake Champlain, from New York to Vermont

The long awaited weekend finally arrived and last Thursday I traveled with K and Jess to Tom and Julia's wedding. Tom is K's son and Jess' brother and one of my favorite people in the world and Julia is his lovely and charming bride. K and I had a wonderful visit with them in  Montana last year, just before Tom and Julia went on an adventure, literally traveling the world. They are people who make their dreams come true, and the wedding was the loveliest country dream wedding I can imagine.

On Friday night family and friends celebrated with a dinner and music in the bride's parents backyard. Great food, fun toasts and music by the groom and friends. 
The view to the mountains of Vermont


 On the most idyllic New England afternoon Tom and Julia were married. 


The bridesmaids were all lovely, but Jess looked especially beautiful. 


Sweet flower girl

Lovely Julia and her father

One of Tom and Julia's plans was to have a great band and they did. The music was fabulous and it was a dancing party, the likes of which I've never experienced and may never again. 

   

I will long remember this evening. It was a moment of love, laughter and being part of the celebration of friends that I have known for over forty years. It was a joy to see two wonderful young people joining their lives. This idyllic New England evening and all the joy, laughter and hugs are high on my list of blessings. Thanks, K, Jess, Julia and Tom and here's to a million more happy times!




12 comments

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness what a lovely wedding.

Mevely317 said...

I'm blown away by this setting ... so beautiful!

Lynda said...

It looks like they had the perfect day for the wedding. She definitely was a beautiful bride! I hope their marriage is as wonderful as their wedding day.

TARYTERRE said...

Vermont is picture perfect for a wedding. Glad you had such a wonderful time with your dear friends.

k and c's mom said...

How magical! I know you had a great time.

Terra said...

It looks like a lovely country wedding.

Lorraine said...

What? No big stretch limo? No chocolate fountain? Or balloons? Not even a disco ball? Sigh. Just kidding! If all weddings were like this one, I wouldn't dread being invited to one. Looks like it was just wonderful! Pretty pictures!

Amrita said...

Such a beautiful place to be married in. Wow. Congratulations to the couple

Anonymous said...

We were married in Brattleboro VT, but it wasn't NEARLY as lovely as the photos you shared! What a scenic place to say I do!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Beautiful wedding for sure! How nice the weather was wonderful for them too. My daughter had a outdoors wedding too and we held our breath for a while hoping the sun would shine for them and it did. Congrats to the happy couple.

Sheilagh said...

Noxxw that is how a wedding should be. Looks wonderful.

Hugs

Sheilagh

Barbara Blundell said...

What a lovely wedding and so many happy moments to relive .