Powered by Blogger.

Thankful in April...Broadway Nightlife

I hope I don't disappoint anyone, but this is not a glamorous post. The words "Broadway Nightlife" have a very exciting mood, but this is Buttercup's night on Broadway. I won't be in the newspaper style columns tomorrow, but thought it gave a glimpse of real life in Manhattan.

I live one block from Broadway, in the much more residential section of Manhattan. Lots of baby carriages and families were strolling on a beautiful spring night. To get to my destination I passed a popular neighborhood restaurant. Lots of big parties come here to celebrate.



I passed our Broadway "limo," the #104 bus, my usual way of getting home from the theater. It's not glamorous, but it's sturdy and reliable.


I happily arrived at my destination, Rita's Ices, to use my coupon for a delicious pink grapefruit ice.


It's been a nice day, even though I started out with a little let down. I realize I wasn't a guest at yesterday's wedding, but I felt I had joined all of you and billions of others in a very fun and romantic event and now it was over. I knew I had to get myself up and going and went to services, visited my friend Vivian, who was 89 yesterday, went grocery shopping and had lunch with a friend. I am much perkier and feel very thankful for all that today held.

Tomorrow night is the giveaway announcement and there is still time to enter on the "Tulip-Time" post.

13 comments

Lynda said...

It looked like a gorgeous day and the end of the journey was worth the trip to get there!

Robyn Campbell said...

What a beautiful day, dear friend. I love your mode of transportation. Here I ride a horse. :-)

Lools like you had a great time.

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Buttercup,
I think your night out on Broadway sounds marvelous. I feel like I have just gone on that NY jaunt with you. Thank you for taking me along. It was nice to get away from all the snow I see outside me hospital window and go for a walk with you.

I hope you are feeling well and have a great week. Thanks again dear for your comments, love and support. They mean so much to me. Hugs, Lura

Mimi said...

YOU ARE A VERY LUCKY LADY!!!
The privilege to call NYC HOME!!!!
You are envied by many.
to you, it is just home, to us....it is a dream!!!
how fun and what a great spring day it appeared to be!!!
hugs,
jamie
you and I were both guests at that wonderful wedding!!!LOL

Lorraine said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I'm so happy I found yours and I LOVE your profile statement! I'm a former New Yorker transplanted on another planet called northeast PA where folks seem to thrive on negativity. My 2 year plan is to get out of here and move to sunny Florida, but I guess no matter where I live, I'll always be a New Yorker at heart. I'll be following your blog. Love the photos!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My Saturday night life consisted of the first campfire for the year. I think I'm much more a country girl than I am a city one. Glad you are having some nice weather there. It's raining here this morning but Saturday was beautiful

Kathleen said...

I keep emailing replies and then I realized you are a no reply blogger! Silly me!
T answer your question, it was 34 here last night. Yesterday was sunny, but def sweater weather. Today is look good!

Sheilagh said...

I love this post, real NY, real people, real situations. They are the best. Must visit Rita's when Trish and I come over.

Hugs

Sheilagh.

xxx

Melinda said...

Great post.
But don't feel bad, I don't know of anyone that
was invited.
Hope your grapefruit ice was good.

Melinda

Carol said...

Sounds like a great day! And happy belated birthday to your dear friend!
Love your limo!

magsmcc said...

Oh wow- I just called round to say you're welcome for tea anytime in the Land of the (sometimes tearful) Strawberries- and I walk right into my honeymoon photos from 12 years ago! Lucky you! Is that our diner on the corner??!!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Buttercup, I was counting on YOU to bring me back a wedding program or at least a souvenir hat from the Royal wedding! So sad you were not included in the invitation list!

Well, your day did seem like a pleasant and productive one. Hope your week is just as nice! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Living just off Broadway is kind of incredible!! Very cool :)

The Royal Wedding was lovely! It's so nice for the world to be able to sit down, take a breath and share something happy and elegant for a change!