Powered by Blogger.

Thankful in April...BOBBY DARIN ~ A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square ~




I'm often tootling through YouTube while I look at email and tonight I wandered into music of the 1960s. First I listened to a little Robert Goulet and then went to one of my all-time favorite singers, Bobby Darin. After "Beyond the Sea" and "Once Upon a Time" I found this video of one of my favorite songs, "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square. If you're not familiar with it, enjoy and if you are familiar, I think you will like this rendition very much.

With all the excitement over the royal wedding on Friday I've had London on my mind. In tribute to the lovely young couple about to be married and to lovely young couples throughout the world may nightingales sing of your happiness!

8 comments

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I am excited about the Royal wedding too! Fun listening to this video!

Mevely317 said...

Listening to BD is SUCH a treat! "Beyond the Sea" is one of my all-time favs -- but had quite forgotten this one.

Are you watching THE wedding live? I'm determined to get up at 2AM! (Imagining a virtual slumber party going on across the land!)

Robyn Campbell said...

Great video. I loved listening. The wedding sounds so beautiful. Everyone will be watching. :-)

Melinda said...

A great song. Have you heard the Rod Stewart
version? It's great too.


Melinda

Grammy Staffy said...

The 60s was my prime time. I met John in 1964 and married him in 1965. I love Bobby Darin and most of the music from that decade. It is fun to find that you like that music too.

I can't wait until the royal wedding. I hope it will be a truely fairytale romance for them.

Thanks for your support. It seems I've been in the hospital forever but I am getting better every day. I am thankful.
Have a great week. Hugs, Lura

Sheilagh said...

Oh you took me right back, my mam loved Bobby Darin and it was her anniversary yesterday. Thank you for the treat:)

I am looking forward to the Royal Wedding, I will be glued to the tv all day:) William is such a lovely young man. So like his mum. I reckon this is a love match that grew from friendship. The best kind.

Hugs

Sheilagh
xx

Sybil said...

I too am looking forward to the wedding day. I have a friend comming down to watch the TV with us. I have been shopping today for cucumber for sandwiches, also salmon, hope to make it a memorable day.
Love Sybil xx

accidental carer said...

That takes me back. His "Things" was a great song too. Reminds me of a childhood sweetheart and days in a sunny park.
Thanks for that my dear xxxxx