Powered by Blogger.

"Little Lamb Who Made Thee...


Gave thee life and bid thee feed..."
I love the Romantic poets -- Shelley, Keats, Wordsworth and Blake especially. I was spending a little quiet time tonight looking at photos. This one was taken in the summer of 2006 in Northern Spain. I don't think I've looked at this picture -- I took over 300 pictures in Spain -- since 2006. But tonight I was struck by its sweetness and thought of the poem, "The Lamb" by Blake and wanted to share it.
Sending wishes for a sweet and quiet evening to all, dear gentle readers.

6 comments

Amrita said...

I am dipping into the Romantic poets these days. I love that poem.
How lucky you were able to visit Spain. This is a lovely pastoral scene.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Buttercup, this is the most serene picture. I so love it. Come unto me, all ye who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 - This is what I see when I look at this picture. Start going through your pics honey, you have been missing out. Put yourself together a book of some sorts. Stop by and say hi. I love to see your smiling face. Country Hugs and love, Sherry

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I love Blake's work. Talk about an inspired maniac. In The Tyger, do you recall the line, "Did He who make the lamb make THEE?" Amazing.

You have so many wonderful photographs!

Chatty Crone said...

It's hard to believe you just think you've started to bloom now - what were you doing on all those trips?!

k and c's mom said...

Hello, Buttercup. I am about to leave for Maine and I have a long layover in New York. I briefly considered seeing if we could meet, but then I realized that New York is BIG and getting to JFK may be like traveling to a foreign country from where you live. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for following my blog dear Buttercup. Yours is lovely also!

I love little lambs and have never had a bite of one, how could I when it was my maiden name!
;-D