Powered by Blogger.

There is Nothing Like...


...a pedicure. My apologies to Rogers and Hammerstein, but there is absolutely nothing like a pedicure to cheer me up and bring me totally out of turnip-land. Was feeling a little turnipy today and marched myself over to my favorite nail salon and put to use the remainder of my holiday gift certificate. Thanks, again, Kathy, Jess and Tom. Somewhere around the time when my feet were being massaged with "Energizing Orange" massage cream the world looked rosier. Of course, the world hadn't changed, but my mood had and I am still feeling buttercupish and not turnipy four hours later.

On the way home I passed our local community garden which had a wonderful tulip festival. Took a few pictures to share. Not sure I do the festival justice.




During my travels around the Upper West Side I passed a street named for one of my favorite actors of all time and found his childhood house. Yes, there's a plaque on the building. Any guesses? I'll post the answer and photos this week. There may be a New York City souvenir for the right guess.

Have a great Monday!

P.S. Check out my favorite movies on my profile for a clue.

3 comments

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

No fair! I don't watch movies...I will just have to blindly guess, drawing from my vast store of cinematic knowledge (what I get from reading the magazine covers in the grocery store line)...

Those tulips are gorgeous. To think a few weeks ago it was cold and gloomy where you are. Now, it's beautiful...

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oooo wanted to add that I'm glad you are no longer feeling like a root vegetable!

Jess said...

Glad the pedicure was so fun! Dashing Diva indeed. Beautiful pictures.