Powered by Blogger.

It's Time for Another Whirl on the Teacups

 

My first (and only) whirl on the teacups in 1992

One of my childhood dreams was a visit to Disneyland in California. Despite a number of trips to California I've never made it to Disneyland, though I have visited Disneyland Paris and Disney World in Florida. My visit to Disneyland in Paris took place in 1992 and it was one day of a longer visit to Paris. It was a lot of fun as the picture above confirms. 


The Eiffel Tower, in a photo now turning to sepia

It's been almost 25 years since I've been to Paris, though I was in France last spring, and a return trip has long been on my mind. Though I've traveled a lot in the interim I've tried to visit places that I'd never visited before, and Paris didn't meet that criteria. But this winter I thought about places I loved and wanted to return to. Sedona and Paris were at the top of my list. The trip back to Sedona last month with college friends was fabulous and later this month -- next week! -- I'm off to Paris. 


Dumbo will be waiting in Disneyland Paris

There will be a return to Disneyland, but also visits to the Louvre -- can't go to Paris without time at the Louvre -- the Musee d'Orsay -- and the amazing collection of Impressionist art and the Marmatton, dedicated to the work of Monet. What else will I do? I predict coffee at cafes, a trip (or two) to my favorite ice cream store on the Ile St. Louis and time spent enjoying the beauty of Paris. I will also be meeting friends who live in France and are graciously making the trip to Paris. 

I'm just about ready, though there are still a few errands to go. It's a busy while before I leave, but so enjoying a beautiful spring in New York. It's tulip time and they're lovely this year. I promise a tulip post to come. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and happy spring!  
  

8 comments

Nellie said...

Oh, my! How exciting! A trip to Paris is in your plans! What fun!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful to be able to go to Paris two times. There is so much to see there it would be hard to plan exactly what to see for me. Enjoy your trip and enjoy the tulips! They are both beautiful!

Laurie said...

You're so adventurous. Enjoy your trip (I know you will...you always do).

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Two places I have never been, although I lived in California for 5 years. Never had a desire to go to Disneyland. But Paris, yes!

Marcia said...

Have a wonderful trip. Never been to Paris or France for that matter. Can't interest my husband to go there.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Paris. I've never been there but it is on my bucket list. I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - have a terrific time in Paris. I have been to Paris twice way back when - I would love to go again. It is like no other. Awesome!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You will have such a wonderful trip! I wish I could go! lol But at least we are camping now and I'm enjoying that and seeing places I've never been. Have FUN! Hugs, Diane