Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes Shopping

 


First an apology. 

I know I promised Central Park for this week's Pink Saturday post, and there will be a Central Park post. But when I saw a clothing store that was completely color coded -- with an amazing array of pink and coral and rose -- I knew that those displays were this week's Pink Saturday. When you know, you know.   


This is the display that caught my eye. How could I not explore further?


Color coded and the green -- partially displayed -- and the yellow and taupe were arranged in color "order,"too. 

I stepped inside to explore and two things put me off from very much more exploration. One, the two young woman working there didn't make eye contact. I didn't even have the opportunity to let them know I was "just looking." The second was the prices. The sweet pink short sleeve cashmere top was $400. Not impossible, but probably more than I will spend on my wardrobe for the entire summer, and the store was a lot more dressed up than my usual leggings and t-shirt look. But I have two "formal" nights on the upcoming cruise and two weddings this summer, so there will be at least a few times when I'll be stepping out of leggings. 

But I have no regrets for my foray into the store. I absolutely love this array of blush to almost red outfits, with every pink shade in between. I wouldn't have been able to capture it outside the store. 

This store was in the Hudson Yards shopping mall. I thought the mall might be decorated for Easter and would be a fun change from Rockefeller Center. Alas, no Easter or spring decorations and I missed seeing the hats on display on Fifth Avenue. But I did find a great Pink Saturday set of photographs. 

I hope everyone had a great day and enjoyed celebration and spring and being with loved ones. Next week exactly at this time I will be at the airport waiting to board my flight to London. But there will be posts before I'm packed up and on my way, definitely including Central Park.  

As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes for a great week ahead.  
  

8 comments

Marcia said...

Do you think the sales women were judging you too quickly based on your attire? Someone has failed in their education.

Anonymous said...

Attire and age.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I don't think I have ever seen so many shades of pink! Wow! Have wonderful week! Cathy

Nancy said...

Just lovely. Thank you. HPS!

Mevely317 said...

What a splendid display someone (?) has put together. Isn't it off-putting when someone doesn't make eye contact? Ugh.
I don't consider myself a 'pinkie' person but would sure go for the long, pleated dress. I like dreaming!

Estonia said...

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

First, I am so envious that you will be on your way to London very soon, Carol, as we hope to visit but this fall will be going to Italy and then Ireland so maybe next year. You did find a lovely selection of pink but when you said the salesperson didn't make eye contact, it made me think of the way Julia Roberts was treated in Pretty Woman. It's one of my favorite scenes when she tells them "Big Mistake"

Anonymous said...

I googled Easter hats 5th ave. Fun to see so many hats