Powered by Blogger.

Buttercup Goes (Kind of) Wild

It was time for a change!

I bid a sad farewell to my good friend the microwave last week. I was boiling water and a sort of burning smell caught my attention after about ten seconds. I turned it off and decided to not even tempt fate and turn it back on again. It was a gift when I moved into this apartment thirty-one years ago and it needed a well deserved rest. I also didn't need to do anything that might start a fire.

I find when buying many things the universe of choices is overwhelming. There are so many variables to consider. When I'm choosing kitchen things I generally don't consider color and and go with white for my teeny kitchen. I did a little on-line research and consulted with friends and started looking at websites where I could have it delivered the next day. The microwave pictured above met all of my criteria and the only choice I needed to make was the color. Should I go with the safe choice of white or go (kind of) wild with red? I know everyone wouldn't consider getting a red microwave as going wild, but after a lifetime of white appliances it felt that way.  

I went wild, kind of, and I love it. It looks so bright and cheery, surrounded by the white cabinets. I think it will be a great note of color as the days get grayer later in the fall. My next step is to go through my dish towels and look for ones with touches of red.  

Do you stay with tried and true white appliances or have you opted for brighter color. I'm not thinking of hot pink or turquoise -- though they might be fun -- because seem overwhelming for a small space, but definitely thinking of ways I can add more color. 

We've begun to get gorgeous early autumn weather in New York and though I will be sad to say good-bye to my open-toe shoes, I'm loving the crispness in the air. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and go (kind of) wild! 
 

13 comments

Linda said...

I LOVE the RED!!! Good for you!!

LC said...

The red should definitely be a mood lifter. lc@retirementdaze.com

Anonymous said...

I just love it!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the red microwave. I am sure it looks so fun in your white kitchen, and you are right, it will add some colorful excitement to blah, gray, winter days. Have a good weekend. See you again soon! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good choice.

Anonymous said...

Great choice dear friend. I would’ve chose the red too. Love it.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My present microwave unit is part of my air fryer unit. It bakes, air fr\ies and microwaves. It is stainless steel and most of my appliances are white in my kitchen but I do have red dish towels and kitchen accessories such as my knives and spatulas. I do love red such a cheerful color ! Good for you going wild !

Sandy said...

Fun, love your red! A basically white kitchen with red accents sounds great. We have stainless at the moment. Think how much fun you can have with the red when you do your Christmas decorating. Sounds like you were wise to shut down and not attemp to restart it. You certainly got your fair use and more from the appliance.

Dee Hardin said...

Thank you for posting this Though there's far less hours of remembrance shows, we record and watch them all ( all that we find on standard cable tv)

Anonymous said...

Oops. First time for me to comment. My comment about sept 11

Theresa said...

I love the red, going wild sounds like fun:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Lynda said...

First - - I can't believe that other microwave lasted so long!!!
Second - - - I LOVE the color! You are correct that it will brighten some gray days. It will be like looking at the beauty of a rose or geranium.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The appliances in our apt kitchen are rather bland, stainless steel finish as they were not our own choices. We do have a toaster oven and coffee maker, but they are black and stainless. I do have red coffee cups and colorful kitchen towels. Your red microwave choice was a good one.