Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Visits Mount Holyoke College

 We're taking a Pink Saturday visit to Mount Holyoke College, where I graduated in 1972

I've just returned from my 50th college reunion and there's so much to share. I'm still sorting out the photographs -- there are a lot! -- but wanted to share just a few of the beautiful campus. The college is located in Western Massachusetts, north of Springfield. I have so many feelings, and the one I'm sharing tonight is the beauty of the campus. 


The photo bathed in twilight at the top of the post is Wilder Hall, where I lived my second year at college. It's one of the oldest dorms and in the center of the campus.  I was delighted to live there after living in a new dorm at the far end of the campus. The first dorm I lived in, 1837 Hall was new and had a beautiful lake view, but walking there in the New England winter after a night studying at the library was really, really cold. 


The Amphitheater, perfectly groomed for graduation/reunion weekend. 
My graduation took place here fifty years ago.  


  Welcome to Mount Holyoke!


The beautiful Abbey Chapel





I would be totally remiss if I didn't include at least one picture of my classmates (and me! on the far left) with the pictures of the campus. We're dressed in white to honor the Suffragettes and we're assembling before we join the Laurel Chain, an alumnae walk that brings the graduating class into the ranks of alumnae. We were very fortunate the President of Mount Holyoke, Sonya Stephens, was able to join our photograph. Sonya is wearing the bright colored scarf and most of my classmates are wearing blue scarves, knit by one of the members of the group. We also had matching tote bags trimmed in our class color, blue, and earrings also made by one of our classmates. 

There will be several more posts to come celebrating this milestone event. I am so grateful that we were able to gather in person and that friends joined us from all over the United States, and Scotland and New Zealand. My friend, Tina, fourth from right, included reunion on a trip from New Zealand to visit family. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and best wishes for the week ahead. 

6 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Carol. How wonderful that you were able to go to your college reunion. It is a beautiful camps. So glad you have such good memories of your time there. You and your classmates make a good looking group. Glad I stopped in for a visit tonight. See you again soon!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a beautiful campus to enjoy! Congratulations on your reunion, it looks wonderful ! Nice to see you all in white and blue. Beautiful photo!

Marcia said...

Good for you maintaining those contacts for all these years. I have not done as well in that regard. My 50th will be next June and I have no plans for attending.

Theresa said...

Oh what a wonderful time together and oh my what a beautiful campus! I know you enjoyed every moment and will cherish these memories forever. I love the picture of you all in white! Great times with great friends remembering 50 years ago. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful to get to go and enjoy a special reunion! You are all such lovely ladies!

Marcia said...

Carol, sent you an email yesterday thinking that graduation at Dartmouth was the first weekend in June. It's not! It's the weekend we are in Buffalo visiting second daughter and her family. We leave Friday morning the 10th and return Monday evening. Looks like we will miss meeting up for tea/coffee. Another time.