Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday: Update on No-Spending January



I'm pleased to say I walked past these two great pairs of sneakers. 
Cheers for No Spending January


The purple ones especially caught my eye and I love the ice cream socks, too. The shoe store is very close to my physical therapist and I'm going to be on the watch for sales. I'm due for a new pair of sneakers and I'd love the purple ones. 


This pink sweater also caught my eye. I love the color and the style, but I've got plenty of sweaters, so I was able to leave it in the store. 


In the same store I found some pink/coral pocketbooks. I don't use pocketbooks very often anymore, so it wasn't that much of a temptation, but in the interest of this post I made a closer inspection. It may have been a "good" deal, but way out of my budget in any month. It wasn't difficult to resist it, even with a fancy designer label. 



 .   

I enjoyed looking at all the fun Valentine treats, but for January they'll stay in the store. I'll be back in February, but will be very careful in my choice(s). 

I have, however, broken my no-spending rule. I've been looking for a pair of leggings to replace ones that wore out last year. I've been looking for the last six months (at least) and had no luck finding them. I found them last week for $5.99 and yes, even in No-Spending January, I bought them. But I'm otherwise pleased that I haven't bought anything else. I feel that I'm going to be more mindful about what I do buy, as I've had a few weeks to think about what I need/want. Besides the leggings I've made no impulse purchases and that is a major accomplishment. 

January is rushing on. I'm still at physical therapy, continuing my walking (50+ miles so far) and I began a drawing class two weeks ago. I've gotten outside every day -- even at fourteen degrees -- and the sunshine and exercise have been a tonic for my winter spirits. I've also been reading a lot and I'll do a January recap on my books in early February. What are your activities?

Thanks for stopping by for our Pink Saturday post. Always love having visitors stop by in Buttercupland. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cozy! 
 

9 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Great job on your "no spend" January. I did pretty well, until I was tempted by some books and socks at the dollar store. Then there was the 5 cent book sale at the library. Then, there was the trip to our favorite thrift store. I guess I haven't done too well, actually. Maybe I will fare better in February. I love those purple sneakers. Good for you on your walking! Wow, you do walk a lot. I am glad the physical therapy is helping you. Have a good week. See you again soon!

GrammaH said...

We are doing the YNAB (You Need A Budget) January challenge. 1. Track spending (all ready do that in YNAB). 2. No unnecessary spending. 3. No dining out. We've done well! Very little extra spending and we've managed to stay out of restaurants! The one exception was hubby treated us to hot dogs and sodas at Sam's Club last week when we stopped to pick up some romaine and meat. We were just talking on our way home from church today wondering where we will go out to eat come February 1st! 😁 Great job for your "no spend January!" I'm not sure if I could have resisted those purple sneakers! I love them! Thanks for sharing your life with us, Carol!

TARYTERRE said...

Loving the pretty pastel sneakers. you have more willpower than me regarding spending. you are on your way to accomplish your goal. hang tough.

Lynda said...

This is such a fun happy post in the middle of winter. I love the items you photographed for Pink Saturday.
I carry a very small purse now - - - not the big ones I used to - - - just have the essentials. Since I have to drive to places, I keep anything else I might need in the trunk of the car.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I never buy anything full price anymore. I have enough on hand that I can wait for a sale. Good for you to sticking to such a good budget. $5.99 is not much considering what it could have been.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I wish I could figure out a top to wear with leggings. I bought some a couple of years ago but I've never worn them. I think I need a long top! lol Enjoy your week. A drawing class? Sounds great!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Overall, you are doing very well with your No Spending month, Carol, since looking is not buying. I too would favor the purple sneakers as it's my favorite color. The only thing I have bought this month is printer inks, which I regard more as a necessity than indulgence. I am also reading more and thank goodness for downloads from the local library; it has been too cold to walk there. I have been walking indoors on the treadmill and elliptical units which thankfully are in the gym here.

LC said...

My week usually includes several visits to a local coffee shop where I DON'T drink coffee but enjoy hot tea and visits with other regulars, a "Siblings and Spouses" night at the same coffee shop to catch up with Hubby's brother , sister and their spouses; church, Bible study group and enjoying reading in front of our wood stove when temperatures are wintry.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Sounds like you did very well with your no spend January. Not sure I could have resisted those sneakers.