Powered by Blogger.

Almost Wordless Wednesday: Christmas in Connecticut

 

It's Christmas in Connecticut

We're taking a quick detour from the festivities in New York City to visit one of the most beautiful places to celebrate Christmas, New England. I spent most of today in one of my favorite towns, Washington, Connecticut in Litchfield County. We've visited here before, but I've never been here at Christmas. It's not a big town, but it's a lovely town. I'm not a fan of snow, but a touch of snow would have made it picture perfect. 

In almost every New England town the white wooden church stands on the town green and Washington is no exception. After I made my visit to the Po -- the cafe in the picture above -- I spent time photographing the Congregational Church, which stands on the green. 

The portico of the church may be next year's Christmas card



I hope you've enjoyed our trip to Connecticut. I was so grateful for the sunny and not so cold weather and the change of scenery. My mini-vacation was one of the best holiday gifts I've received this year. 

I'll be back tomorrow with a return to the holiday sights of New York City. Please stop by and be part of the fun. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a terrific Thursday. 
    

5 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thanks for sharing. I love seeing scenes from New England. It is on my bucket list of places to visit. See you again soon!

Jeanie said...

For some reason, I think Congregational churches always look like what "a church should look like" in my traditional mind! What a pretty way to do the wreath and a wonderful window. Christmas in COnnecticut -- the movie was on TCM the other day! Charming. Merriest and Happiest to you!

Edna B said...

Merry Christmas to you. Hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is a beautiful place and probably the only snow I'll be seeing this Christmas. It's warming up here and we are to get more rain.

Marcia said...

If you kept traveling north you would have gotten to snow on the ground here in NH. Happy Holidays to you!