Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Visits Roller Rabbit

Last week I discovered Roller Rabbit. Yes, the name of this store is Roller Rabbit. 


New York City had the most fabulous weather last week and I took advantage of it every day. On Tuesday I strolled down Madison Avenue for the first time in a few months. There were lots of walkers and people eating outside. It was the perfect day for it, sunny, but not too hot. Before I'd gone a block these pink and white pajamas caught my attention. I missed the monkey mascot on the pajamas, but fortunately the friend with whom I was walking pointed it out. my first thought was that it was a cute outfit, and my second thought was that it was perfect for a Pink Saturday post.


I was totally unfamiliar with Roller Rabbit, but it's a national chain of stores. It's a little pricy, but I'm going to be on the lookout for sales. I've fallen completely in love with 
their Monkey Nights Pajamas. I didn't go inside on Tuesday, but I may need to make a return visit soon. 


I was attempting to get a photograph of the holiday window, but got more of a reflection of everything going on in the street.



We stopped in at the gourmet food market down the block from Roller Rabbit and I noticed these pretty pieces of cake. I was tempted, but stopped before I even thought of the calories. Fourteen dollars a slice! It's not the first time I've been shocked by a price in New York City, and it certainly won't be the last. 

Our gorgeous weather ended yesterday with rain and continued with rain (and thunder and hail) today. I did get to Weight Watchers yesterday and am getting used to the revamped Weight Watchers program. Is anyone else in Buttercupland a Weight Watcher member? If so, how are you doing with the new program? 

As ever,  thanks for visiting and wishes for a great week. 

12 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow - for $14 a slice, I would have missed out on those calories too! Roller Rabbit looks like a fun store. I have never heard of it, and if there are any out here in Utah, I am unaware. Hope you have a nice Sunday and enjoy the week ahead. :-)

Kerin said...

That better be the best dessert in the world, for that price...lol!!!

I too love those pink p.j.'s, and I have never heard of that store before...Roller Rabbit.

You always share such fun things about the Big Apple!

Smiles :)
~K.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My did used to love to roller skate and they called him Rabbit for his speed on wheels. Ha !I'd never heard of this store before, but it reminded me of him. He talked about his childhood often and even though they didn't have a lot in the depression, they still had fun The weather is much the same here, wet and cold. We're hoping the rain don't turn into snow.

Sandi said...

Ok...I totally need those tye dye pajamas...gonna search, click, and shop. 😀

Ginny Hartzler said...

I never heard of Roller rabbit either. I wonder how they came up with the name. Wow, the price of this shortbread! But I think I would have bought a slice, just for this ONE time!

Barb said...

Hi Carol~ Thanks for visiting my blog, it's always fun to see a new face! New York looks like an amazing place to visit! It's hard to imagine paying 14.00 for a slice of cake though...it must be delicious, wow! I love the pink pajamas, but have never heard of Roller Rabbit. I've always wanted to go to a Broadway play, and Christmas in New York sounds like it would be amazing as well. Thanks again for your visit!

Iris Flavia said...

For $14 it must be really great!
Reckon it´s sweet so once again I am happy I don´t like sweets! ;-)
Awww... here it´s cold. Glad you could enjoy great weather.

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Read my new post

Edna B said...

Wow! How does a $14 slice of cake taste? Let me know. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love those PJs...I think we both need some! Enjoy your week!

Theresa said...

WOW, what a great time in your City with great weather. That shortbread looks mighty yummy, but $14 is a little pricey! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!