Powered by Blogger.

Monkey Monday Goes to FAO Schwarz

 


I had the pleasure of meeting these two cuties at a visit to the iconic toy store FAO Schwarz on Saturday. While Pep LeMonkee, who is usually featured in our Monkey Monday posts, takes a break from the public eye, my new friends were happy to be the face of Monkey Monday. 

It wasn't just monkeys at the famous toy store. You may be familiar with FAO Schwarz from visiting New York or maybe you watched the Tom Hanks' movie, Big. The store began in 1862 in Baltimore and then moved to New York. It stood for years on Fifth Avenue, across from the Plaza Hotel, but sadly, it closed a few years ago. It's since reopened and occupies a cozy corner in Rockefeller Center. 

This wonderful window -- across the street from the Today Show Plaza -- 
captured my heart. 

The store had a huge array of toys. I didn't look at everything, (there are two good-sized floors), but a lot of fun things caught my eye, especially the collector pieces from favorite television shows and movies.


I had a great visit with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man as well as the cast of Star Trek.

 Star Trek was only one of the shows featured, but it was always one of my favorites and caught my eye. 




The store included a branch of Build a Bear Workshop, which is where Pep gets most of his wardrobe. I loved finding this group dressed for Christmas, and particularly delighted to find Baby Yoda/The Child/Grogu (center) in his Christmas attire. I've become a big fan of Baby Yoda, and though he hasn't found his way to take up residence with Pep and his friends, it's just a matter of time. Is anyone else as taken with Baby Yoda as I am?  

I had hoped to finish this Monkey Monday post earlier in the day, but the day quite happily ran away from me. I spent the morning figuring out the new Weight Watchers system that launched today and then had lunch with friends and assorted errands in the afternoon. The evening was a complete treat with a reception for one of my alumni groups. So glad that the pace of life in New York City is picking up. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a terrific Tuesday. 


7 comments

Sandi said...

Star Trek! 💜💙💚❤️🥰

Deb J. in Utah said...

Fun post. We visited the FAO Schwarz when it was on 5th Avenue. That was some years back when our kids (especially out boys) were younger and they loved that store. Good memories. Such a fun store and a great post. :-)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a treat it would be to visit that famous Toy store. It's a dream for any kid or kid at heart like me.I'm going to be visiting a toy story soon for grandchildren birthdays, but nothing like yours there in New York!

Marcia said...

I would be too tempted to buy too much for granddaughters if I visited that toy store. Your social calendar is filling up.

Ashley said...

We love baby Yoda at our house! 💙

LC said...

Thanks for sharing the fun!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I can recall visiting the original FAO Location many years ago and BIG is one of my favorite films.