Powered by Blogger.

The Journey of 10,000 Miles Continues

 

That Old Black Magic takes me on my walking journey.

Despite some sloppy record keeping -- I didn't calculate all of May until a few days ago -- I wasn't sloppy in my walking. In my past years of challenging myself to walking 1,000 miles I don't remember setting a half year mark. But as I did my calculations I realized that I needed to be (very)  near to 500 miles if I wanted to reach my goal. On Wednesday night I was 17.8 miles away from my half-year goal. As of this minute, I am 11.8 miles away. Barring some totally unforeseen circumstance I'm on my way to 1,000 miles this year. 

So few things have been in my control for the last year and a half, but walking was one thing I could do in the midst of all the uncertainty swirling around. I didn't achieve my goal for the last two years, so I'm especially pleased that I'm two years older and keeping at it. During one of my neighborhood walks I passed my favorite local store for sneakers and treated myself to an actual full-price pair. The staff was great and so patient as I tried on at least a half dozen different sneakers.  

I know June was supposed to be a low spending month, but as I'm out and about more I realize I've literally worn out a number of items of clothing. Sneakers were getting thin, t-shirts look dingy and my mainstay summer skirt has a rip in the fabric. A few months ago I thought I had more than enough clothes to last for the next decade, but I keep wearing the same few outfits everywhere and they won't last forever (or even just this summer) if I don't give them a rest. I did some looking at Marshall's and nothing was quite right, so my plan is to brave Macy's 34th Street this weekend. I've got coupons, but I'm not sure that I have the wherewithal for a full shopping expedition. Wish me luck!

We're having a (virtual) tea party for Pink Saturday this week. Hope you'll stop by to join the fun. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

4 comments

Mevely317 said...

Cute shoes! This makes me realize, I also tend to wear the same articles of clothing over and over. High time I revisit ThredUp.com ... have you been there?

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's hard to find the right shoes. When I find one, I usually buy 2 pair I have an extra pair on hand for the ones I'm wear do wear out. Hopefully you will find what you're looking for, I don't do much walking any more so the ones I have will last a long time.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Recently, I also bought new shoes used for walking and my brand of choice is New Balance. This hear I even went all out and bought 2 different models in different colors too. I know what you mean about re-wearing favorite outfits. Hope your shopping expedition is successful and thrifty too.

Edna B said...

I wear the same things over and over. Of course, I don't go anywhere either. Have fun on your shopping spree at Macys. Hugs, Edna B.