Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday: Pretty in Pink and Blue

 

Not part of the A to Z Challenge, but my favorite picture in pink (and blue) this weekend,
perfect for Pink Saturday

I have -- as in most years past -- fallen totally behind in the A to Z Challenge. I have no reason, or actually no excuse. I am much busier than last year, when most of my life consisted in being in my apartment, walking and washing my groceries, but not too busy to blog. I may not get to "Z," which is a shame because I have a fabulous post for it, but I fully intend to get back on the A to Z Challenge horse tomorrow.

I spent the afternoon at the Metropolitan Museum, and what a difference a month makes. On my visit last month I was the only person in a number of galleries and happily had the entire collection of Van Gogh paintings all to myself. That was a morning during the week, but this Sunday afternoon was totally different. There is still timed admission, but there were people everywhere. In a total (fabulous) surprise I had the pleasure of seeing a college classmate in the gift shop. We've been in touch through the year, but to actually be face to face and hug hello was a gift. 

Jane and I spent time in the decorative arts galleries and they were less crowded than other areas, but the solitude that was so special in the last few months is now in the past. I am delighted that visitors to the museum have returned and come Christmas I will not be standing alone by the beautiful museum Christmas tree. 

A much less crowded Metropolitan Museum of Art in March

After our museum visit we walked through the rain to a favorite sandwich shop in the area. The sandwiches were as good as  I remembered from an earlier visit this year and on the way we passed this beautiful display at a florist on Madison Avenue. I wasn't planning any redecoration, but the color scheme makes me want to think about redoing my kitchen. After all of the construction for the gas lines last summer and fall, I'm not about to start anything major, but new dish towels and serving pieces might be just what I need to spruce things up. Is anyone else thinking of decorating or other home changes?     

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.  

7 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the pink and aqua display, it is so happy. And your museum shots show such a fabulous building. What an awesome surprise to get to spend part of the day with your friend.

Mimi said...

I love the photo at the top of the blog. Those colors! And I'll happily take your "Z" out of order. You've got me curious now.

Edna B said...

I love the pink flower display. Why not spread the A to Z challenge out through two years? That way there's no rush and it's still fun. I think I might like new towels for my kitchen and bath. Maybe yellow or pink? Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That pink and blue is very striking and would brighten up your kitchen for sure! Rein here yesterday and today too. Unlike you I don't try to walk in it, but stay in where it is dry.You are such a faithful walker.

Martha said...

I love the pink and blue together, my favorite colors. I hope you're able to get caught up on the A to Z. I've been having a lot of fun with it!

Tristan Robin said...

Brilliant photograph - the color, the arrangement, the light - everything!

I envy you your trip to the Met - we haven't been to the city since the pandemic began.(We don't live in NYC, but we're in New Haven - only 90 minutes away - so we're there often for theatre and museums and art openings.) I miss it so much. And - the Renaissance angel Christmas tree is always one of my highlights of the Christmas season - I like it ALMOST more than the tour of the store display windows LOL.

I don't know what the A to Z Challenge is all about (I can pretty much guess LOL), but I look forward to seeing your contributions.

Laurel Wood said...

The blue table with pink and colorful flowers makes me smile! Oh, how wonderful to visit the museum and then share a visit with a friend and a delicious lunch. My(new to me) kitchen has the original 1965 cabinets painted bright white. I have searched for a few weeks now for just the right curtains. I would dearly love to have a valance made from vintage hankies from that era but the ones I found on Etsy were over $60! Instead I ordered from Amazon just this morning and will feature them on the blog soon. Always a joy to visit you.