Powered by Blogger.

It's Madison Avenue Monday

 


No, it's not Pink Saturday, though this neon pink wreath would be a perfect addition to Pink Saturday, and I'm sure I was thinking of an all pink post when I took this picture. But the weather has been drab and dreary in New York today (and a lot of the rest of the country) and I thought we all could use a bright pick me up. 

Love this sweet blender ornament and the smiling avocado in back of it. 

 
The welcoming committee for one of the Madison Avenue florists 

It's not a particularly clear picture, but it's a photograph of the lights actually being put up in the trees. I hope to do a return visit to see the  trees lit up for the season. 

I hope these pictures have helped to brighten your evening. I know that when I focus on the happy moments (and memories) I'm more cheerful and upbeat. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care!


16 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never seen a wreath like this! I am thinking it would be good for Valentine's Day as well. I love the sweet little set of pink dishes in the suitcases! We got our granddaughter this avocado pillow for Christmas a few years ago, they had small and large ones.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

There is nothing like Christmas in New York. Although I grew up in the northern most part of the Bronx and Manhattan was almost an hour train ride away, the memories I have of window shopping with my parents and siblings and going to Radio City Hall for the Christmas show most years are so sweet.

Edna B said...

I have never seen this beautiful part of New York City. That pink wreath is just gorgeous! And those reindeer on the sidewalk, oh my. I love deer. I've never watched lights being put up in any of the trees (anywhere) so I found this photo quite interesting. It will be nice to see how everything looks once the lights are all on. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What lovely pictures in pink. It seems lights are going up every where this year and just what we need to light up this dreary old world. It's snowing here and the lights are looking even prettier than ever.

Marcia said...

Thanks for sharing Christmas in NYC.

Olde Dame Holly said...

New York is so beautiful, and the artisans there are just incredible. And I MUST get that avocado for my daughter-in-law!

Shari Burke said...

I love looking at all the different kinds of decorations. Thanks for sharing!

Susie said...

Hi Carol, It is fun to see what you get to see there in NYC. I love the deer at the florist shop. Be safe and stay warm. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Susan Zarzycki said...

Oh, my! So pretty! Thanks for sharing some cheer with us!

acorn hollow said...

thank you for showing the windows! That florist I would love to get inside but I am sure my purse could not handle it.
Cathy

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for sharing these photographs.
Happy December Wishes.

All the best Jan

Karen said...

It's such a treat to see these windows. Love that wreath.

kestrel said...

The pink wreath is so unusual and the colours so striking. It is a nice change from the usual Cmas ones. I am glad the Cmas decorations are out in the shops, something to chher everyone up.

Theresa said...

Oh the beauty in your City! Someday I am coming back up there, SIGH... someday! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you for sharing New York at Christmas - I just love it. Love the pink wreathe too.

Janie Junebug said...

I love that pink wreath. So many pretty sights to see.

Love,
Janie