Powered by Blogger.

July 2, 2019



These may be the best looking tomatoes I've ever seen

I didn't plan to write a post about good looking tomatoes. I had several more involved topics in mind, but I just sat at the computer unable to muster the energy to cut, paste, copy links and put together any of the posts I had in mind. I was as a friend texted me tonight, "Blah." I wasn't especially sad or depressed, but totally unable to muster the energy I needed to put a post together. Anyone else getting the Blahs lately?

So I decided to see what I was doing exactly a year ago. I was visiting my friend, Lucy, in Pennsylvania and we'd stopped at a wonderful farmer's market. There were any number of fruits and vegetable photos and this was my favorite.
 
Doylestown, PA

We also spent the afternoon in Doylestown, the county seat of Bucks County, PA and a delightful place to wile away a summer afternoon. Book store browsing, window shopping and of course, a stop for iced coffee at the Zen Den. The coffee was great and the atmosphere was relaxed and quirky. It was just one afternoon out of 365, but it brings back sweet memories a year later.   

Great coffee shop memories from my visit to the Zen Den

Thanks for wandering down memory lane with me. I promise that I won't recreate every day in 2019 in every post, but we will do a little time travel now and then. 

Tomorrow is Flower Friday -- yes, I just created it -- and I'll be sharing my favorite flowers of the week. I hope you'll stop by and enjoy the blossoms. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take care. Much love and stay well!

11 comments

Dorothy In PA said...

Yeaaa, you were in PA!

The tomatoes do look yummy. I have been shopping online for food and I never think to put tomatoes on my shopping list.

I think I have been in and out of the Blah zone for quite some time now. I just keep thinking about the celebrations I will have with friends when these challenging times are over and that keeps me going.

Laurel Wood said...

These are lovely photos from your visit with Lucy. None of us could have imagined what life would be like this July. I look forward to your flower photos. Have a great day.

Polly said...

Those tomatoes do look good, I used to grow my own but I ended up with way too many and couldn't use them all. I think I'm going to like Buttercup land, especially the no calories!! I like Pennsylvania, I visited many, many years ago when some friends who had a beautiful house in the woods as well as an apartment in Manhattan. I LOVE New York. I am missing coffee with friends.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I know the Blahs very well, more so lately.

The picture is lovely. I haven’t been to Doylestown in years although it is nearby. When I go to Bucks County, it is usually to Pedler’s Village, New Hope (and across the bridge to Lambertville) or to visit my sister who lives near there. We won’t be traveling much this summer

Biomaster said...

The Blahs might be the best way to describe the place we're all in right now. I've been chronicling this time since March and noticed recently that my entries were of very routine days. I should be thankful to live in a state (CT) and a region (Northeast) where careful and thoughtful decisions about closing and reopening were made. I've become so adept at ZOOM, but had a distanced, masked outdoor League of Women Voters board meeting last night and it was delightful to be with people in person. Please, all, be safe and be smart. AND VOTE!

Ginny Hartzler said...

My favorite thing is the awesome street light!! I often the the Blahs overload!

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoy your time traveling Buttercup and I haven't seen these photos. They are lovely! Well, what I way, if you can't have a few blahs in a pandemic, when can you have them? Not making light, just trying to put a little humor into it. My mum used to tell me there was always someone making them laugh in the air-raid shelters during WWII. This pandemic is its own kind of war and it's hard not to have a blah day at times. Photos like yours keep the blahs away so keep them coming, with my thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking us to Doylestown. Gorgeous! Sunny and hot day in Nashville area. Made quick early trip to Costco for a Rx. Glad to be in air conditioning.Darlene

Janie Junebug said...

Those are some very attractive tomatoes. I wonder if one would like to take me on a date.

Love,
Janie

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Those tomatoes do look good.
You're not the only one to be feeling the blahs. I'm starting to feel them myself as well, but trying to focus on the bright spots.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

There's nothing like fresh tomatoes in summertime to put in a salad or on a burger or just top eat plain and these looked really great, BC! We all do get the blahs from time to time. It's to be expected. Same thing happens to me at times when I think about a post and then get sidetracked doing anything else. It happens.