Powered by Blogger.

Christmas in July: Fifth Avenue and Macy's

It's Pink Saturday Christmas in July

We kicked off our Christmas in July weekend yesterday in Brooklyn and now we've got a full day of fun across the river in Manhattan. We're starting with  some of my favorite windows from the past on Fifth Avenue. Because it's Pink Saturday, they all feature pink. It's not the norm for Christmas decor, but pink certainly helps create beautiful windows.  

Let's do a little pink and red window
 shopping at Bergdorf Goodman.

Our next stop is a visit with the hot pink gingerbread man


We're crossing Fifth Avenue to spend some sidewalk browsing time at Tiffany's and we discovered this fun ice cream decoration. 

Let's celebrate Christmas and National Ice Cream Month, 
which just happens to be July!

We've now made our day down Fifth Avenue to 34th Street. We're at the site of the miracle on 34th Street, Macy's. By the way,  in 2020, it's 153 days until Christmas.

 I'm taking a break from our pink theme and posting one of my favorite Macy's decorations, the iconic Macy's "Believe" that presides over West 34th Street. Can't think of a better thought these days than to believe in miracles and joy that Christmas represents. 

I love revisiting these wonderful scenes from happy days past and I hope you do, too. As promised, we're visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art tomorrow for the last day of our Christmas in July fun. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take care. Keep cool, my friends. 

15 comments

Terra said...

Your photos are the best, love the first one showing the strong knight and the pink color.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Beautiful, stunning! The windows are all ART.

Laurel Wood said...

I love these extraordinary window displays. Have a lovely Sunday.

Theresa said...

Oh the beauty! It is always nice to revisit sights of happy days in your beautiful city! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What happy window decorations and so colorful. I used to love window shopping Sadly a thing of the past now for us here. Thanks for sharing yours. It's very hot here so thinking about Christmas isn't a bad thing, but I'm not ready for summer to end quite yet.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ohhhh, this contains photos, from the _past_!!!!!

I was very, very confused. All these lovely pictures, of stores in NYC. Which _now_ must be boarded up, to keep from being trashed by looters, during protests.

~sigh~

✨🍉🍓🍨🍑✨

Nellie said...

I love your “Pink Saturdays!” It is actually a bit refreshing to think about “Christmas in July!”

Edna B said...

Such happy photos. My favorites are the hot pink gingerman and the Believe scene. I believe that things will work out eventually. Wow, those last one hundred and fifty three days are going to just fly by and we'll be looking at only two more shopping weeks to go. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I love all these photos, Carol. I have very clear memories of my life in NY when I was young and get especially nostalgic when I see pictures of the holidays.

Dorothy In PA said...

What lovely photographs. New York has always known how to make Christmas special.

Karen said...

THIS WAS A REAL TREAT! THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The NYC store windows were fun to see, especially now, because they recall days of happier times. The Macy’s Believe sign was my favorite because it holds hope for better days to come.

Little Wandering Wren said...

I always loved our Christmas in July celebrations in Australia, I didn't realise it was big in America. Happy ice cream month!
Wren x

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love these colorful window displays. It's been over 20 years since I left NYC, and I'm wondering if they had Christmas in July celebrations back then? If they did, I don't remember seeing any.

Lowcarb team member said...

The window displays are so colourful.

All the best Jan