Powered by Blogger.

April Fool!

Best April Fool's Joke Ever

When I look back at the last month it feels as though we've been living one April Fool's Day joke right after another. Between everything else going on in the world and my general disinterest in playing pranks, my mind was far from thinking of any special plans for the day. But I got my early April Fool's surprise yesterday when I opened my delivery from Imperfect Foods. I know I ordered pears, apples, bread, sweet potatoes, spinach and kale, but I also knew I didn't order an organic pineapple. Yes, that's a big beautiful pineapple on the left side of the box of food. 

In a different time and place I might have gone back to my original order to see what was substituted and gotten in touch with Imperfect, but that's for a another time, long past these difficult days. I'm going to consider the pineapple -- which seems ripe -- a gift from the universe and my best April Fool's surprise ever. 

I had my Zoom Weight Watchers group this morning and so enjoyed seeing my friends and talking about our lives in Manhattan right now. Our topic for the session was managing stress and I appreciated the upbeat and practical suggestions people made. Many people spoke about gratitude and I was grateful for the opportunity to participate in one regular activity on my calendar. What are you grateful for today?  

Now it's time to cut up the pineapple, and get my dinner from the air fryer. I've got roasted carrots, pepper and broccoli tots, so I'm definitely getting my vegetables for the day.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care of yourself. Much love and wash your hands!

9 comments

Gloria said...

The pineapple was quite a surprise.
Do you have a pineapple cutter?
I've always just had canned pineapple.
Stay well and be safe.

Peggy B MHC72 said...

From my time living in the semi tropics, best way to tell if a pineapple is ripe: grasp one of the leave and lift it. If the leaf comes off then pineapple is ripe. That said, it looks like a great pineapple! Enjoy!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a lovely surprise! A nice change for April fool's day. Isn't Zoom great!!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

A pinapple is a lovely surprise.

I have so much to be grateful for and it would take too long to write them down.

I will write just one: my friends on Blogger

Theresa said...

I love pineapple, that's a great surprise in your box of food! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The pineapple WILL be a nice treat! Everything looks very good. We are working on a grocery order this morning! Stay safe and healthy!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a wonderful surprise. A prank like that could definitely be forgiven. Fresh pineapple is wonderful! Hope you enjoy every mouthful !

Linda said...

Stephanie gets Imperfect Produce and one time she was out of town and told me I could have her box! I loved it!

This is the second time I have heard of Zoom meetings!

Lowcarb team member said...

Fresh pineapple … super tasty!

All the best Jan