Powered by Blogger.

(Not) Too Pretty to Eat

The signature treat at Sedona Cake Couture

When you're a Weight Watcher and a Thoughtful Spender, a twelve dollar cupcake (Yes, a twelve dollar cupcake!) is beyond a splurge, but definitely picture worthy. Actually, the thought "too pretty to eat" came to mind looking at this cupcake and the beautiful cookies at Sedona Cake Couture. But I had a great time looking at the treats and ultimately opting for a scoop of birthday cake ice cream. 

Most of my travels involve a lot of planning. I try to visit places I've never been and may never return to. This gives me a limited amount of time to sight see and try local delicacies and, and I rarely leave without research and a list of must-see and must-do. But my visit to Sedona was very different. This was my fourth visit and I've checked off most of the major must-see attractions. I had three days to wander, walk and just enjoy the beautiful surroundings. I came upon Sedona Cake Couture early on my first full day in Sedona, and it set a very high bar for treats. 

A semi-selfie while I studied the flavors. 

Which one would you choose?

I'm more of an ice cream fan than a cupcake fan and this sign drew me in. My first choice was Nilla Vanilla Banana Pudding, but alas, they were out of it. The Irish Cream Brownie was good, 
but I opted for Birthday Cake, and I wasn't  disappointed. One scoop of homemade ice cream = $6.75. The memory = priceless. 

This cookie was just too pretty to eat!

The brownies were tempting, too, and the store had an extraordinary aroma of chocolate.  

 Cupcake, ice cream, cookie or brownie, all delicious and homemade. Which one would you choose?  

I got myself back on track yesterday and remembered my Weight Watchers weigh-in on Wednesday and spinach was top of my grocery list. I started the week with my water aerobics class and swimming laps. With everything going on in the world I find that swimming and walking are my best ways to keep calm(er). 

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care of yourself!

16 comments

Latane Barton said...

Oh my goodness, all of that looks so yummy. I'd want it all and then I would be big as an elephant. hehe

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Oh my with so many wonderful treats it would be hard to make a choice. Glad you enjoyed your ice cream. I thought tht nilla pudding ice cream sounded delicious too. It must have been a wonderful trip!

Visits With Mary said...

WoW, $12 for a cupcake, are they big enough to share? They are pretty to look at but I would have a hard time paying that bill. :)

Linda said...

I noticed today that the stores are stocking up on Almond Milk. Hey, what happens to people like me who are allergic to anything almond, my husband didn't have an answer for that.

WOW $12 for a cupcake? WOW. smiles

Sue said...

Wow pretty goodies, I could take them all! Thanks for sharing such talented, edible works of art.
Blessings,
Sue

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thank you SO much for the tour of this bakery, it is totally AWESOME!! Yes, WAY too pretty to eat! I think I would buy one of these cupcakes and try to shellac it or something to preserve it, ha ha!! They are stunning, I have never seen anything like them. What could be more fun than touring and smelling a new bakery? We do not even have one in town! I would have the peppermint oreo ice-cream on top of a brownie!

Susie said...

Carol, You are the brave one to look at all those yummies and not want one of each. LOL. Good for you doing all the exercises. Carol, my tummy will get a big knot in it when I think too long about the crazy things happening....so I have to pray or write to get away. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello - what a fun trip to Sedona. I lived in the Phoenix area for 16+ years but we rarely went to Sedona. We went to Flagstaff more. This bakery looks like a fun and oh so yummy place. Thanks for sharing your trip and these sweet creations!

Pam said...

Oh, I love the Sedona area, and those cupcakes look worthy of every penny! Very nice and I bet the ice cream is good too!

Rose said...

I am not sure what I would choose...they all look good.

Carol said...

Bourbon Chocolate Truffle would have been my choice! Oh that sounds scrumptious! Those cupcakes are rather expensive, but they sure are cute and I bet they are just as delicious as your birthday cake ice cream!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Those cupcakes are beautiful works of art but also look delicious. I probably would have chosen the ice cream also. That is the least guilty pleasure.

Theresa said...

WOW, $12 is too much for a cupcake but they are very pretty! I know you had a great time and I certainly would love to go back to Sedona. One of the most beautiful places I have visited. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Lynda said...

It sounds like if you were going to move somewhere for the winter months, it might be Sedona?
This was a delicious blog with great pictures.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

All of these treats would have been on my favorites list, but $12 for a cupcake, no matter how creatively decorated, would be TOO much for me as well. Better that you enjoyed through a photo that you could share with everyone. That said I would have opted for ice cream, always a treat when we're traveling.

Louca por porcelana said...

Loooove those cute cupcakes!