Powered by Blogger.

All We Need Is Love

True in 1967 and still true today, All You Need Is Love

It's late in the day for my Valentine's post, but I've been busy chatting, texting and being in touch with friends and family, a sweet way to spend the day. But I couldn't let the day go by without sending love and hugs to my Buttercupland friends on Valentine's Day. 

These are "real" cards that brightened my day. The one on the left was made by a very talented artist friend in my synagogue study group. She took a photograph of long, long ago and turned it into a very thoughtful Valentine. I'm in the picture, but tucked under the purple card. The Peanuts card is from dear K. We have a long history of exchanging Peanuts cards and Charlie Brown generally comes calling at least once a year. The card on the right is from my dear friend Donna in Tennessee. What a pleasure to see her handwriting on the envelope and know there was love inside it. 

I was reading an article -- somewhere in the vast land of the internet -- about the popularity of greetings cards on Valentine's Day. Though people send fewer cards in general today, on Valentine's Day cards are still very popular. The author of the article attributed it to the idea that we like to actually have something to hold on to. I still enjoy sending and getting cards and I save my favorites for quite awhile. Are you a card saver, too? 

I hope your day was equally sweet and that the long weekend ahead is full of good times and good friends to share it with. I've got lots of plans, but I will back for Pink Saturday tomorrow. Please stop by for a visit. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and love and hugs on Valentine's Day and every day!

10 comments

Jane Housewright said...

Just yesterday I was asking myself, Do I REALLY need to continue to save the Get Well cards from my coworkers on the event of my tonsillectomy at 22?!!! I probably look at them every 10 years or so along with other such ephemera. I’m TRYING to pare down such stuff but I ended up putting the cards back into the box to be chuckled over again in 10 years or so. Yes; I’m a card saver!

TARYTERRE said...

Happy Belated Valentine's Day. if we could show love like this to everybody, everyday, no doubt the world would be a better place.

Theresa said...

Sweet cards truly brighten our day! Enjoy your Saturday dear friend, HUGS!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So nice to feel the love of friends and family on Valentine's Day and other times! Glad you had a good one. Enjoy the rest of this long weekend!

Kate said...

I had a tub of hundreds of cards until this fall. I had an emotional need to bring my life under control so I cleaned the attic and spent an afternoon re-reading each card and laughing. I enjoy funny ones best. I kept some my kids had written messages on and a very few from dear friends and family and tossed the lot. I intend (we shall see) to read, enjoy and toss in the future.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated Hearts ❤️ Day wishes to you as well, Buttercup. yes, I still enjoy sending (and receiving) cards and also sent at least a dozen for this celebration. My birthday cards are up to 20 as some were received while we were away. Most are from friends and former co-workers who remember my special day after so many years. Their well wishes are so appreciated. For me, it's not about gifts, but just the kind and often sweet wishes in eachh card. And all the cards are proudly displayed on the several bookcases in our LR and will remain there until the end of the month. They bring smiles every day. Also, like yourself, I spend ❤️ day with phone calls, emails and texts to friends and family.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do keep my cards from year to year. When I opened the bin with my Valentine decorations it wa nice surprise to ee my cards from last yea laying right there on top. Glad you had a Happy Valentinesw day!

Susie said...

I love homemade cards. Especially from children. I like your cards. I made a tiny card for Ted and texted wishes to my family. I liked the previous post about bagels too. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Valentine's Day - you always remember your holidays with friends.

LA Quick said...

I love getting regular mail. I even got one from her!!