Powered by Blogger.

Let's Talk Television

Caution: This post contains "mature" words, and we're not talking arthritis or physical therapy 

I was walking home from the post office this afternoon and noticed there was a film shooting on West 72nd St. I see at least one filming every few weeks and I almost always stop and ask about the movie/television show. I asked one of the production crew about the show and she told me it was "Bonding." I said I was unfamiliar with it and she responded it's been on for about a year.

I looked up "Bonding" and saw why I was unfamiliar with it. Firstly, it's on Netflix, and I don't subscribe to Netflix. I have nothing against Netflix, but I already have Amazon Prime and its endless supply of movies and television shows and I maybe, watch something once a week. I didn't need to add Netflix and not watch that, too. 

But "Bonding" is about a New York City graduate student who moonlights as a dominatrix. I'm not here to censor the content of any television show, but I know I'm not the target market for "Bonding." Of course, there are so many new shows on so many channels that it's next to impossible to keep up with all of them or even half of them. I know I'm going to date myself, but the last television show I watched in its entirety was "Downton Abbey," and that's been off the air for several years. 

What are your go-to shows? Are they on ABC, CBS or NBC? Are you a PBS fan? Reality shows? Netflix? Amazon Prime?Or do you watch old favorites? A friend of mine just posted on Facebook that he was binging early seasons of "Murder She Wrote," and really enjoying them. 

Two more days to go for No-Spending January. Not buying things has gotten easy, though there were some cute Valentines that caught my eye today. I did, however, go through my card making supplies and I found I have enough stickers and card stock to make at least a dozen Valentines, and that may become my plan. Neither yesterday, nor today were snack days, saving $10.00.
My No-Spending January total: $162.16

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a terrific Thursday. 

13 comments

Chatty Crone said...

You are doing great with your savings.
Is Bonding like that book - something Gray? I would not watch it either!
I do watch some tv. I watch Dr. Pol. This Is Us. Bull. The Good Doctor. The New Magnum. A Million Little Things. The Waltons. Hallmark.
Not all every day - lol - but that is my list.
I loved Downton Abbey!
Sandie

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Wow, Carol you have done so well on your no-spending January! I think I am going to try the same thing for February - you are an inspiration. As far as the show "Bonding" goes - not my cup of tea in any way, shape or form! But like you said - there are enough shows around to catch the good ones.

Deb J. in Utah said...

We don't watch a lot of TV either. Dateline is seriously the only thing I watch with any consistency. I watch it for the mystery and story-telling. I skip the really gory horrible episodes. My husband watches movies on DVD and we usually watch Masterpiece on PBS. We don't have netflix and just basically don't watch a lot of TV. Good for you on you no-spending January! You are an inspiration!

Ginny Hartzler said...

We love the medical dramas like New Amsterdam. Also National Geographic Wild and Animal Planet. They have a lot of reality shows about vets offices and country vets, and we watch them all. Also we like This Is Us. What an exciting place New York is!!! But I think I will not be watching the bonding show!

Mari said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping at my blog. I too watched all of Downton Abby. I also loved Call the Midwife. I watch Survivor, The Good Doctor and This is Us. That's about it here.
Bonding would not be for me either.

Carol said...

Bonding is not my type of show either. I rarely watch Netflix, but occasionally will find something there. I enjoyed The Ranch on Netflix. I personally enjoy Criminal Minds, New Amsterdam, and a few others.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I used to watch more TV when I had six or seven channels. Now with cable, Netflix, Prime and Disney, I have thousands to choose from but little that will hold my interest. After Downton Abby, everything went downhill. I did like Grace and Frankie for the first four seasons on Netflix but now it is repeating itself. Streaming has its advantages and one can see a whole season on a rainy day, but there was something nice about one at a time and looking forward to next week to see what is next. Instant gratification is hollow.

Theresa said...

We don't have Netflix either and that show would definitely NOT be on my list if I did:) We watch the network shows, crime, mysteries, comedies and a movie now and then. Make a list of things you need and reward yourself for no-spending January:) HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We watch our old movies over and over and even got the new Downton Abbey movie to watch...over and over! Not many good movies being made that's for sure. It would be fun to make Valentines. Congrats on your no spending!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I see a lot of filming of movies in my neck of the woods. I even saw Danny DeVito a long time ago when they were filming a movie and I was walking my dog past them and he said hello to me and my dog! I have Netflix and Amazon and I started yesterday watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and I like it. You did great for the month of January! Hope you have a great day and weekend.

Linda said...

I’m with you......I’m not their audience! We watch old programs sometimes.....the old Magnum PI.....Colombo......The Closer.
And some movies - mostly old ones. I’m new to watching on Amazon Prime but I’m enjoying the British programs there!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'd never heard of that show before nor do I think I'll be watching it. I do have Netflix and amoazonprime and enjoy watching some of the old series over and over again. I'v watched Downton Abby over 25 tims now. Start to finish. I always enjoy it and it gives me time to sit and rest awhile. When there is nothing else to watch I turn to it and still enjoy the series.

Visits With Mary said...

There are so many shows that I don't care for or just don't approve of the content, but Downton Abbey caught my interest. Like you, I watched them all and wanted more. I have the movie but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. It's on my 'todo' list!!