Powered by Blogger.

Charleston Sunday on Pink Saturday

Pink Charleston building for Pink Saturday 
 
Last Sunday I was enjoying the balmier climate in Charleston and this Sunday, it's winter jacket and gloves. I'm happy to go back just a week in time to the delicious brunch I had at Poogan's Porch. It wasn't fancy, but downhome and delicious and I'm craving a biscuit -- or two -- from Poogan's again.
 
I ate biscuits all over Charleston, and yes, I may have overdone it. But they were all so good and not a treat I get very often in New York. It's probably just as well for my waistline, but I don't regret one of them. This batch was especially light and fluffy.
 
 Poogan's Porch was literally next door to where I stayed in Charleston, Elliott House. We could have walked miles and I doubt if I would have found a better brunch.  
 
 
This is the menu I had to pick from. I initially thought of chicken and waffles or one of the omelets, but after a big piece of pecan pie the night before, I opted for the Down Home breakfast, which featured scrambled eggs. As long as I got biscuits I was happy and the eggs were delicious. I guess I'll have to return to Poogan's to try one of the omelets or the Banana Foster French Toast.
 
I'm starting to take holiday photographs, but no Christmas or Chanukah pictures until after Thanksgiving. The first batch of pictures will be posted on Friday and I promise there will be many more after that.
 
On a different topic, I've had trouble posting comments on many of my friends' blogs. When I attempt to post I get a note that the site isn't safe. I sent a note to the company that notified me and got clearance for one of the blogs. I hope to get clearance for more in the next few days. I don't want to be a stranger come the holidays. 
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.    
 

6 comments

Denise said...

Lovely pics of Charleston, a truly beautiful city. I have noticed that when I click the links in emails about new posts, I do not get a secure https address. Sometimes just adding that to the web address solves the problem of commenting. sometimes, lol. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

One of the many reasons to visit lovely Charleston is their food. Everything I have eaten there was wonderful. I will have to remember Poogan’s Porch if we are lucky enough to visit that city again.

From the Kitchen said...

Poogan's Porch was one of my favorites in Charleston for meeting friends for lunch. So glad to know that it is still delicious.

Best,
Bonnie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a difference a week makes. Glad you had the opportunity to enjoy southern cooking and some sunnier days too. Strange about not being able to make comments. It's half the fun of blogging. I loving visiting my blogger friends and leaving comments too.

Theresa said...

We enjoyed Charleston for our family vacation several years ago. What a beautiful place and I would love to go back! Have a blessed day and week ahead my friend, HUGS!

TARYTERRE said...

looks like you had a glorious time.