Powered by Blogger.

I (May) Owe It All to Mark Twain

About to Leave on a Jet Plane
 
The first author's home I visited was the Mark Twain house in Hartford. I'm not sure if this was the case for most people I grew up with, but when anyone came to visit from out of town our tourist choice stop was the Mark Twain House. I may have been there a dozen times, but it my interest never faded. It was my first literary stop, but not the last. We were readers and if there was a stop related to a writer on any trip, it went on our itinerary. One of the high points of travel with my parents was a visit to Walden Pond and the Alcott House in Massachusetts.
 
Decades have passed and it's been a long time since I traveled with my parents, but literary visits are still high on my to-see list. I'm about to leave for a string of literary stops. I'll reveal the location in a later post, but I'm really excited. The stops are definitely on a par with any I've seen so far. One goes back to my summer reading in 1964.   
 
I'm also going to spend time with one of my favorite bloggers, and I'm equally excited to finally meet and grateful for her generous offer of hospitality. Many sweet dreams are about to come true with this trip. I'm leaving it as a mystery for a little fun, but there will be pictures.    
 
I'm packed, apartment is straightened and refrigerator is cleaned and orderly. It's time to bid adieu until I greet you from the next stop on my literary journey. 
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cool!
 

6 comments

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip Carol. Loking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your tales .
Safe journey
Trish x

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love going to places where authors lived or places they wrote sbout.Of course I saw many such places when I lived in NYC, but since then I've seen many others across the US. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go, Carol.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That sounds like a lot of fun is coming your way. It would be great to see Walden Pond. Enjoy your trip!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I am sure you will have another wonderful adventure. Here’s hoping you will have all good weather.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Happy travels!
Wren x

Susie said...

Carol, I wish you a happy safe trip. I am glad you are meeting a blog friend. I know you will pot some interesting things from this trip. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie