Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Cookie Time


Time for the cookie taste-off. Which one is your favorite?
 This is the question tonight in Buttercupland as part of our Pink Saturday fun.


I discovered Schmackary's during my walks around New York City. Every time I've gone by the line has been out the door and down the street, but when I stopped by last Friday, there was no line. I was one lucky cookie shopper.

Cookies, brownies and ice cream sandwiches available. It's a tough choice.
 
I was visiting my childhood friend L who lives in Connecticut last weekend. I thought a fun house gift would be cookies from Schmackarys. Nothing to dust after my visit and delicious, too. We were joined by a third dear friend and cookie expert for a cookie taste-off. Our choices were a Funfetti cookie, the Monster, Sweet Corn, Chocolate Pretzel, Cereal Killer and Maple Bacon.

Our winner is Sweet Corn, a delicious combination of corn meal and flour,
dried cranberries and pecans.  

Funfetti, with its fun icing, rated highly for one of our tasters, but not for two of us (and yes, I was one of the dissenting votes.) Two of us -- to our surprise -- loved Cereal Killer and I would choose it again. I also enjoyed Maple Bacon a lot, but recommend 10 seconds in the microwave to bring out the bacon flavor. There isn't one of these cookies that I wouldn't enjoy again, but I'm eager to try some of the varieties that weren't in the bakery when I was there.

After a fun -- and yummy! -- weekend in Connecticut it's been a full and terrific week. I walked and walked at BookExpo and also talked and talked about books. I will do a post later this week about my Friday BookExpo experience. I plan to do at least one post as part of the A to Z subway series and I've got a fun event planned for later in the week I will blog about, too. Fun time, summer in the city!

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and wishes for a great week!


8 comments

TARYTERRE said...

sweet corn sounds like a winner.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

A bacon flavored cookie should never be. It is wrong, wrong, wrong. I, unfortunately, would choose eating a cookie over most other desserts, and my first choice would usually be the old stand-by, a chocolate chip. The dried cranberry and pecan sounds delish though.

Theresa said...

I'll have a chocolate chip, thanks for asking:) Have a blessed week ahead dear friend, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Those sweet corn cookies are something I'd like to try. They sound wonderful. What a great idea for a house gift when visiting ! And to have friends to do a taste off would be special ! Hope you have a happy Monday !

Unknown said...

I'm a human cookie monster. The maple-bacon would be difficult. I don't like the taste of maple, except maple syrup on a stack of pancakes, but I love bacon.

Mevely317 said...

There's a donut shop nearby that sells a maple/bacon combo … for some reason I can't wrap my taste buds around it.
I'd love to try the sweet corn!

Paula said...

Interesting cookies. My favorite is a sugar cookie, lightly frosted! And I love a good, chewy oatmeal raisin.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You're having some summertime fun! Wish I was there with you! Hugs!