Powered by Blogger.

A Pink Saturday Meet-Up With Little Wandering Wren

 
The most delicious lunch of my trip to Australia, the acai berry smoothie at The Chicken or the Egg Cafe, Maling Road, Canterbury, Victoria. Yes, it was as delicious as it looks. 

I shared this fabulous lunch -- food, conversation, company and setting -- with my blogger buddy, Little Wandering Wren. Wren is from Melbourne, but has been living in Bangkok for the last while. To my great fortune she was in Melbourne at the same time I was visiting and our schedules worked perfectly for an afternoon meet-up. 

If you asked me how I first "met" Wren I would be unable to tell you. In the world of blogging our blogs crossed paths and we started commenting on each other's blogs. After awhile Facebook was added to the mix and then Instagram. I love following her travels, but I also love seeing her homey photographs, especially of "the crazy poodle," who is one of the sweetest dogs anywhere.

I was delighted to accept Wren's invitation to come out to one of the towns outside of Melbourne. It felt like a little adventure outside the regular tourist stops. I made my way to the beautiful Flinders Street Station. Built in 1909, it is the busiest station in both Melbourne and Australia. Thanks to very helpful customer service staff I figured out the fare and made my way to the right track.
 
Flinders Street Station

My view waiting for the train on the Belgrave Line
 
I've never met a blog buddy and found the meeting awkward. Never. In most cases we've spent years getting to know each via our writing and our photographs and Wren was as lovely as I expected. We had a great lunch and then window shopped on Maling Road as the two friends we are. We browsed clothes, books -- of course! -- housewares and pressed our noses, proverbially, against the candy store window in the picture below.  

 
 It was the loveliest of afternoons and one of the high points of my trip to Australia. Thank you, Wren and dear Crazy Poodle, for a wonderful visit.

On the home front, it's still winter in New York, despite the almost 80 degree weather on Wednesday. Today was cold and so dreary and after a quick walk in the afternoon I have been unmotivated to head back out into the rain. I filled the day reading the New York Times, baking muffins and chatting with Verizon about my ailing television service. They agreed that my cable box cannot be fixed remotely and part of tomorrow will be spent waiting for the Verizon person. It does mean skipping yoga, but I want my television back.

As ever, thanks for visiting. Please stop by and visit the bloggers of Pink Saturday for a little fun on this rainy Sunday night. Take good care and have a great week.  
 

10 comments

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh it is so bright! Love it. When I saw the first photo - of the drink - not sure what to think!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Hello there, thanks for sharing our lovely afternoon together. The Crazy Poodle and I were delighted to have had the opportunity to meet! I reckon we could have chatted for days and days but then you would have missed out on Sydney and Uluru - shame! You are right one of the nicest things about Blogging is getting to meet in person. I am glad I had the chance to share my little world in Melbourne. I feel Buttercup's Blessings in Bangkok would also make a great post too - we should make a plan!!
Have a lovely day.
Wren x

Theresa said...

What a wonderful visit with your friend. I have met several blog friends and they were just as you described. My blog friends are so precious to me! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

what a world traveler you have become ! It would be wonderful to meet a blogger buddy, but especially one from another country!

Paula said...

What a wonderful trip you had! It would be so great to meet up with blogging friends!

Melinda said...

So fun to meet fellow bloggers!
Looks like a great trip.

M : )

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

A great post, Carol. What beautiful images!

Dee said...

Dear Carol, I so enjoy how you are, in a sense, continuing your Australian trip, by telling us about it while you are back in New York enjoying warmth and then chilled drizzle. I'll go over and visit Wren's blog. I'm always eager to meet new--to me--bloggers. Peace.

Terra said...

How fun to spend time with Wren in person; I know both of you from our blogs.

TARYTERRE said...

what a wonderful visit you had with wren. glad you got to meet.