Powered by Blogger.

Moravian Stars -- Night and Day -- and Book Week

I am entranced by the Moravian Stars at the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle. The changing colors are beautiful and if you time it just right -- and I did last night -- Christmas music plays. The night sky makes a wonderful background to the stars.
 


But they are equally delightful during the day, as I discovered as I stopped by this afternoon to make a quick visit to Whole Foods. Night and day, they are a treasure!

I am declaring this week "Book Week" in Buttercupland. There will be reviews and at least two giveaways. Books always make great gifts and I will be featuring books that would make your gift shopping a little -- or a lot -- easier. I'm beginning today with P.J. lePooch and the Magic Notebook, by Morri Mostow.


I've got a guest reviewer, my dear friend Nancy Beal, who comes by her review credentials after a long career as an art teacher and literally wrote the book on teaching art, as the author of The Art of Teaching Art to Children.

Nancy's review: P.J. lePooch & the Magic Notebook is an engaging narrative for elementary and early teen girls, especially if they like dogs. Millie McTwitter is determined to keep her dog while other interests push against her. Her mother, her aunt, her friend and her friend's father are wonderfully drawn. When money "disappears," there is a turn-about and several subplots are tied together in a loving resolution. The book is lively, modern, quick paced and gently laced with French words. Also, bits of magic appear in just the right places. A charmer.

This definitely looks like a fun read. Dogs, magic and a charming star to the book. Thanks, Nancy, for sharing it with Buttercupland.

I hope you'll stop by for more fun during Book Week and more photographs of New York City lights and decorations. There's a lot more fun to come.

As ever, thanks for visiting. Wishes for a great week!