Powered by Blogger.

Frankie Valli, I've Got You Under My Skin Pink Saturday


My adventure this weekend was seeing Frankie Valli -- without the Four Seasons -- in an extraordinary one-week Broadway show.  He is 82 and I am hoping I am going as strong at 72, let alone eighty-two.

His backup for the concert was the Modern Gentlemen, a handsome, lively and wildly talented group. There was also a nine piece band and I could happily have listened to the band for the evening. 


And the music! Though I wasn't a particularly strong fan of the Four Seasons in high school I knew just about every word to every song. The audience was encouraged to sing along and there was swaying, clapping and lots of singing. As you can see in the group in the far corner of this photograph, there was dancing, too. I felt as though I was at my high school reunion -- if my reunion was held at a Broadway theater, I knew only one other person there (my friend Lonni) and Frankie Valli was the entertainment. I was definitely right at home with my peer group and yes, it felt great.   

My clue in my Wedding Wednesday post was discussing the four seasons. I only realized I had left a hint after I wrote the post, but I liked the idea of a (very, very subtle) hint.

Lonni and I had a fabulous time and we followed up our spectacular evening with a walk to West 69th Street this morning. I think of it as the "Halloween Street" and I'll be sharing pictures tomorrow.

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a very merry Halloween Monday.

4 comments

Summer said...

Glad you had a lovely time ♥

Mevely317 said...

82 y/o? Yikes!

I lovvvvved Frankie Valli ... theirs was the very first album I ever purchased. So glad y'all had a great time!

Susie said...

Carol, I watched the movie of the Four Seasons . I thought it was wonderful. I loved the music. It's wonderful that Frankie is still singing. Blessings to you , xoxo, Susie

diane said...

82? Wow.....
The man has an awesome voice!
Glad you enjoyed it.
diane @ @ thoughts&shots