Powered by Blogger.

A Visit to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden


Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden
 
 
Real life has inadvertently gotten in the way of blogging. My sentimental journey -- blog post to come -- was interesting, demanding and very rewarding. But I returned from the trip to Massachusetts tired -- busy schedule! -- and anxious following the bombings in Chelsea. I was happily distracted by a visit from a childhood friend on Tuesday and blog friends on Wednesday.
 
I met my childhood friend, Sandy, at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden on Tuesday afternoon. I was tempted to cancel so that I could catch up on a dozen things on the home front, but happily went to Brooklyn and had a great time catching up and visiting the Botanical Garden. The Brooklyn Botanic Garden is always on my to-visit list, but I rarely get there. Big mistake, it is beautiful and an island of serenity just a few blocks out of the busyness of the streets of Brooklyn. I promise a return visit in cherry blossom season, if not before. 

If I didn't know I had just arrived by the New York City subway system, I would think I had flown to Japan. The Japanese Garden was stunning and I could have spent the day sitting here and enjoying the view.

I also enjoyed the fountain and the flowers. In the distance you may catch a glimpse of the neighborhood just outside of the Garden.

These may -- or may not -- be the last roses of summer, but if they're not the very last, there aren't that many more behind them. The temperatures have cooled down to the very low 80s and I saw the letter "6" begin a weather forecast for the weekend. 

Today has been a "home front," grocery shopping and blogging day. Love my adventures about New York and traveling, but equally enjoy days at home.

As ever, thanks for visiting and a very happy autumn!

9 comments

Terra said...

I think I could spend many peaceful hours enjoying the views of the garden.

Kerin said...

Carol, that is a gorgeous garden! Love the water gardens!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and have a great Fall season :)

{{hugs}}
~K.

Mevely317 said...

I had no idea this garden oasis existed! Thank you for sharing it with us, Carol!

Barb said...

Japanese gardens are so serene. They are my favorite botanical gardens. This one was still full of blooms. I can relate to your last sentence!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love the BBG -had membership every year as I went often. Go back for the Cherry Blossom festival --the Sakura--in spting. It is gorgeous!

Susie said...

Buttercup, We need to be enjoying these wonderful pretty days. I loved seeing the garden there. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Mimi said...

And we love your adventures, too. Thanks for the beautiful photos.

Theresa said...

Beautiful pictures! Stay safe and have a blessed Sunday, HUGS!

Paula said...

Beautiful pictures!