Powered by Blogger.

While I Was Drinking Coffee Pink Saturday

It seems odd to be writing a post that isn't about coffee. Though drinking coffee was my focus in April it wasn't my only focus. I went to the gym, I grocery shopped and I cleaned the kitchen.
 
I also welcomed and sadly, said goodbye to Spring. Though it was May 1 it was in the forties today and I wore my winter jacket. I didn't have my gloves, but they would have been a good idea.
 
These beauties bloomed on Broadway across the street from my gym.   

The first blooms at Grace Church, founded in 1808. It's around the corner from my new favorite coffee at City of Saints.


I heard one of my favorite actors, Helen Mirren, interviewed at one of my favorite places, the New York Public Library.

A moment during the program. There wasn't an empty seat in the house. 

I started thinking about doing some kitchen renovations and went on, what will be the first, of many expeditions to look at tile for a backsplash and new lighting. I'm still in very preliminary stages and I'm already overwhelmed by the wealth of choices. 
 
During a shopping trip to Macy's, another April activity, I found these perfect for  Pink Saturday piggies.

What were your April highlights? May will include more kitchen research, several theater evenings, dinner with college friends, a trip to Chicago, books and more books and lots of coffee.  I hope that spring decides to make a return engagement and I will be able to give my winter jacket a well deserved vacation at the back of the closet. 

So much coffee and so little time. As ever thanks for visiting and have a great week!  

7 comments

TARYTERRE said...

Seeing those little pigs reminds me of the childhood poem. Helen Mirren is wonderful, indeed. It has been downright chilly here too. Hoping for a warmup now that it's May.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have put away the winter coats and hope not to used them again till next fall. I just layer up on chilly days with sweaters under the Spring jacket.

Unknown said...

How exciting to see the fabulous Helen Mirren! That had to be a wonderful program. Stay warm...it can't be in the 40's much longer!

Nellie said...

What precious pink piggies!:) You have some excellent opportunities for some great entertainment! Here, we celebrated three birthdays in April! Too much partying, I fear.:) xo Nellie

Saleslady371 said...

Sweet post. Loved the pics, especially of the spring flowers and trees. We've also had a much cooler spring here in Arizona. We've had our electric heaters on much of April! God bless your week.

shortybear said...

nice post

Susie said...

Boo on the return of this cold weather. Carol, Our spring has gone mad. March, April and now the start of May...they are all scrambled. High temps and lows , rain, sunshine, and wind. Pray that we don't go into the super hot of summer. I love all the wonderful thing you see right there in the big city. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie