Powered by Blogger.

Thank You, Awesome Annie

I've written about joining Weight Watchers last fall several times, but generally I don't post about it. Quite unexpectedly I've really enjoyed attending meetings. I liked the people I met, got a lot out of our discussions and was greatly encouraged by Annie, our Wednesday morning Weight Watcher leader. Annie is on hiatus for the summer starting this week and today was our last meeting for awhile with her.

This is the my favorite picture from today's meeting. I think Annie looks great, but generally Annie is smiling, with a big gorgeous smile.  

I tried several meetings before I landed at Wednesday mornings. I initially thought I wanted to attend a meeting with mostly retired people, but I soon realized I liked a "mix" at the meetings and this energetic young woman was a great leader, thoughtful, funny and supportive.

What I like best about my hour at Weight Watchers is that it is totally a no-judgment and no-competition zone. I can't remember anyone being critical of another member and we cheer on every success and console at every disappointment. It's one of the best environments I know and the support and good ideas have helped me lose twenty plus pounds in the last eight months.

It's not the amount I had hoped to lose and it's going a little slower than I like, but I'm healthier and feeling better than I thought I could be. I've stopped worrying about how long it will take me to get to my goal weight and realize another two, three or six months doesn't matter. The thing that matters is continuing on the journey to health.

I have a "goal" number in mind, but I'm still up in the air about it. I know it's not going to be my high school weight, as attractive as it seems. But I don't have a seventeen year old metabolism anymore and it would be torturous to try and maintain that number. My goal is to be healthy and to have everything in my closet fit. The latter would be a complete novelty and fabulous.

I would be remiss to not thank the awesome Annie for all of her support. Annie says we do the work and we deserve all the cheering, but I know that a great coach has a lot to do with victory. Annie, you've been a fabulous coach and I can't wait to welcome you back for the next season. Wishing you a great summer!

It's taking me a few days to get back to my routines after my New England weekend. But I was back to the gym, back to Weight Watchers and to grocery shopping and emails and a library visit is planned for Friday. None of it is exotic, but I enjoy my regular life along Broadway very much, too.

As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes for a happy summer day!

18 comments

Maggid said...

What a marvelous post. I'm glad you've found a really nice group of people - like family, or sorts. AND - getting healthy and happier in the process, golly . . what a blessing.

AND - thank you for sharing a gratitude story, see, that's why i logged on . . because I'm grateful for GOODNESS - and . here you are, sharing a bundle . . .

I am So Glad YOU are here . . .

The Cranky said...

So glad you've found a good, supportive environment.

TARYTERRE said...

The key is having a place to work on your goals that is not judgmental. Sounds like you have found it and are making tremendous progress. I wish you continued success.

Terra said...

That sounds like a nice group for you, with the mix of ages and Alice as a leader. How good you are losing the weight you want to lose.

Terra said...

Oh, that is Annie as the leader!

Mevely317 said...

Congrats on the 20 lbs. gone, Carol!
I think wrapping my mind around my non-17 y/o metabolism is the hardest thing to accept ... but even through differing avenues, it's neat to draw encouragement from one another.
You're so fortunate to have a great facilitator in Annie; I hope she gets to read this!

Sola Scriptura said...

Well done on losing the 20 pounds. That is excellent! Your meetings sound wonderful and I'm sure you will miss Annnie. Keep up the great work.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is good to have a support group when trying to achieve any goal. Normal days are wonderful and I've found that they are often some of the best days of my life.

Theresa said...

I enjoy my regular life too:) Weight Watchers is a great plan for healthy living! Have a blessed day and I hope you enjoy the next leader who fills in for Annie! HUGS!

BJ PUP said...

Good for you to have there perseverance to continue/

Melinda said...

Great job.
So glad that you found the perfect environment.
Those are not easy to find.Judgement and completion is
is easy to find though.
Continued success on your journey!


M : )

Anne Payne said...

Congratulations on losing 20 lbs, Carol!!! That's awesome. I know how hard it is to do that. I am only down 12 but I will get there.

Kerin said...

Great job!
It's always nice to have support, when there is something hard that you are trying to accomplish :)
Sending you continued 'good luck' wishes :)

~K.

Paula said...

I've always heard good things about Weight Watchers. Good luck!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Way to go, Carol! You're right how long it takes doesn't matter. You are making good choices and improving your health!

Deanna

Barb said...

Good for you, Carol. The goal of losing weight for health is a great one. I think some things can't be rushed - they might take a lifetime!

Roxie said...

Glad you have found a supportive enviornment and a path to health that works for you! Congratulations!

Susie said...

Carol, Most times we need someone cheering us on , when it comes to weight loss. That program truly helps people lose and keep the weight off. It shows portions, which is a life long way of eating. Blessings, xoxo,Susie