Powered by Blogger.

A Dear Friend Returns to New York..

...even if it's only virtually and even if it's only for one night, Tuesday, June 23, I'm still so excited.  "Girl With a Pearl Earring" will be in New York and maybe, at a theater near you. Thanks to our friends at Fathom Events, you are invited to experience world class museums and galleries on the big screen when Exhibition on Screen’s GIRL WITH THE PEARL EARRING is screened at select cinemas nationwide. This show is ONE-DAY ONLY. Enter now to win a pair of passes to the events! http://goo.gl/forms/wMzsIQokdK.


 
I think I'm getting my blogging mojo back and so happy for it. Despite the hot and humid weather -- no complaining, it's not ice and snow -- I'm getting around town and enjoying summer in the city. I spent the morning with a work colleague -- we both retired two years ago -- at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We went on great tour of a summer exhibit on Indian Art and it was fabulous. There were jewels and tapestries and it was a trip to Fantasyland. The ninety -- yes, ninety -- carat diamond was off-limits for photography. 
 
 I was especially taken with this beautiful gown, fine cotton and hand painted.  I hope to make a return visit to the Museum to see the individual pieces of the exhibit again. Magnifying glasses were available to see the fine details of the beautiful items on display. 
 
As always, thanks for visiting. So glad to share summer in the city with you!
 
Please note: Tickets to the Vermeer film were given to me by Fathom events in exchange for my review. All opinions are mine and only mine.   

 

8 comments

Nellie said...

How wonderful that you are able to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art! I had forgotten about this movie! It is one of my favorites!

TARYTERRE said...

An afternoon at the museum sounds lovely. I must admit I too am taken with that charming vintage gown you took a picture of. The movie was one close to my heart. So exciting you get to see an encore performance.

Linda said...

I had seen the exhibit the Girl with the Pearl Earring, lovely exhibit, I might add. Thanks for the smiles. Blessings

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Off limits to photography? That sounds very important!

Melinda said...

That dress is so beautiful!

So fun.

M : )

Sola Scriptura said...

It sounds like you had a delightful time at the museum. I can only imagine how beautiful and big that diamond is!!

Susie said...

Buttercup...you make me want to say..So much to see and do and so little time. .LOL. I hope you enjoy everything you see and do this beautiful summer. With girl friends, that is a big plus in your adventures. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I read the book and loved it! What a treat to get to see the show! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane