Powered by Blogger.

A Heart's Danger


One of the joys of reading is meeting new people. I so enjoyed meeting Sarah Montgomery in the first two books in Colleen Coble's serial, Journey of the Heart and I was eager to know about the next phase of Sarah's life at Fort Laramie after the Civil War. Thanks to the Litfuse Publicity Group, I was able to go back in time and visit with Sarah and those who joined her in the then Wyoming Territory.

I wasn't disappointed in this third book of the series. Sarah faced the difficulties of life with courage and faith. I will save the plot details -- I don't like being a spoiler -- but it was a lively story that moved quickly. This is an era I knew so little about, and I am eager to learn more as I continue to read the remaining installments of Journey of the Heart. For those who enjoy fiction that includes romance and a faith perspective I highly recommend A Heart's Danger.  

Though I only went four miles south to the Javits Center for BookExpo I feel as though I've been away on a long vacation, and perhaps, in some ways I have. My goal for today and tomorrow is to unpack all of the business cards and pamphlets and organize things I want to do. So far I've made two new e-files for two projects to come. There's lots more to do.

The sunny day gave way to the first thunder storms of the season. I'm happily home and happily blogging. Despite any new projects I take on, Buttercupland isn't going anywhere. It may get a new coat of paint and a few new buildings, but we're here to stay.

As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes for a great week.   

7 comments

Maggid said...

You've been to BookExpo! Wow! Color me Impressed. I have never been . . .
thanks for for the book tip and review - I'll pick up book one asap.
love & love,
-g-

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a wonderful series of books; thanks for sharing with us. We've had thunderstorms this afternoon, too. I am happy to be indoors, sipping on tea while reading blogs. I enjoyed your book expo photos on fb very much. Have a good evening.

Joy said...

Books I like to read...only I need more time:)

Melinda said...

Sounds like an interesting series.
There is always so much to do after a trip.

M : )

TARYTERRE said...

Books are a wonderful way to escape the drudgery of everyday life. So I loved this quote you made, "Four miles south to the BookExpo I feel as though I've been away on a long vacation." What a wonderful journey you had in the company of books.

Theresa said...

Beautiful book:) Sounds wonderful! I hope you have a gorgeous day! HUGS!

Paula said...

This book sounds intriguing. I will add it to my list of TBR. I like it when others recommend books.