Powered by Blogger.

Go West, Young Woman


With apologies to Horace Greeley, this phrase -- Go West, Young Woman -- stayed in my mind as I read "A Heart's Obsession." This is the second volume in Colleen Coble's Journey of the Heart series. We follow the tremendously likeable Sarah Montgomery west to Fort Laramie, Wyoming and the love of her life, Rand Campbell. The series takes place directly after the Civil War and it's a great blend of romance and history. It's not a period I am very familiar with and I very much enjoyed reading about Sarah's life in Wyoming. I am glad that there are four more books in the series and delighted that the next book, "A Heart's Danger" is waiting for me.

One of my goals is to see all fifty states and I have eight, mostly in the west, left to see. I have been to Wyoming, but only for one day and this book definitely makes me want to make return visit. I've had a pull to definitely make a trip west in the next year. I've never been to North or South Dakota, so they are high on my list, as are Zion and Bryce National Parks in Utah. I know there's at least one Buttercupland buddy in Utah, but are there any bloggers from either North or South Dakota in Buttercupland?

I am happy -- actually thrilled -- to welcome a long awaited guest to New York City. Yes, it's our good friend, Spring. So very glad you're here!

As ever thanks for visiting. Take good care and I hope spring is in your neighborhood, too.

Please note, I received a copy of "A Heart's Obsession" from Litfuse Publicity Group to read and review. The opinions are all mine.

8 comments

Nellie said...

I think I might have to investigate this book. It sounds like one I would enjoy.

We are having spring, though the temperatures have been below the average. I like the coolness.:-)

It sounds like you have another trip to plan heading west!

Anonymous said...

John and my brother really enjoyed their drive out west and especially Bryce Canyon.

So happy Spring has arrived.

Wishing you a very nice weekend coming up.

I would very much enjoy this book series. Thx for the review.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would like to read a book set in the West. I'll look for this series. Enjoy your evening my friend. Hugs, Diane

Gypsy Heart said...

Interesting book!

I so appreciate your stopping by but cannot respond as you are a "no reply blogger". :/ I thought I had your email but cannot locate it. Would love for you to let me know...in case you're the giveaway winner! :)

xo
Pat

Becky K. said...

I am working my way through Colleen Coble's series. I'll have to get this one next. :-)
Spring beauty is in full swing here. Finally and wonderfully.

TARYTERRE said...

The book sounds like a nice read. I hope you get to realize your dream of seeing all 50 states. It was once on my bucket list too, but with my mobility issues I sadly realized it is not going to happen. So I will live vicariously through you.

Sola Scriptura said...

What a lovely book series! It would be lovely to have seen all 50 states! Go for it :)

Susie said...

Buttercup, I love you wish to see every state. My best year of travel was going to LA and Hollywood . Seeing the Pacific ocean . I love seeing things I had only heard of or seen on TV, or in books. That was Feb. Then In Oct. the same year we went to Maine, Martha's Vineyard, New York Ciy...so I saw the Atlantic ocean. When I was growing up my world was the corner of Mill and Cleveland in my small home town. So I love traveling and seeing things I only dreamed of. Blessings for a beautiful spring weekend. xoxo,Susie