Powered by Blogger.

It's Christmas Time in the City -- My Corner of Manhattan


This isn't quite a Wordless Wednesday post, but close. Actually it's more a One Picture Wednesday post. I had plans to take pictures at Lincoln Center on my way to the gym, and I did. But the rain -- both lack of visibility and raindrops on my phone -- got in the way of pictures I wanted to post. The only photograph that I like from today's pictures is this one. This tree is in Dante Park, across the street from Lincoln Center. When the weather is nice the park is one of my favorite places to have a cup of coffee and enjoy people watching.

I'm enjoying posting pictures of New York City even more than I thought I would. I knew I would like it, but I really like it. No matter what the weather is I plan to be out every day until Christmas, though in case of truly miserable weather I do have a few different ideas for posts that I took on Sunday. As a preview...I plan to be in Astoria, Queens tomorrow, the West Village on Friday and it's a Rockefeller Center Sunday. I'm hoping for good photographic weather.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care!

11 comments

Mevely317 said...

In spite of the weather, I'm always delighted to see your photos, Carol....
and knowing that you're getting a kick out of taking them makes it that much sweeter!

Barb said...

A rainy day in NYC - maybe the only time it looks deserted?

Saleslady371 said...

It must be fun to sit there and people watch with your coffee on a nice day. I like your pictures too. Reminds me a little of Chicago, my roots.

Melinda said...

Such a preety tree!
Saw the Rockefeller Special on TV this evening-talk about a tree
and topper!

Looking forward to more.

M :)

Kerin said...

What a fun tree... so colorful!
People watching is always entertaining~

I am so glad that you are enjoying doing these posts so much, because I for one, am loving them :)
So much more interesting than the little town where I live.

Smiles :)
K.

TARYTERRE said...

Love the decorations on this tree. Festive, indeed.

The Cranky said...

What a sweet tree, but seeing NYC through your eyes... no matter the season... is even sweeter!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Christmas time is beautiful all over, but in NY, it is spectacular!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That tree certainly is a bright spot on a rainy day. I love the lights this time of year when the days are so short and the nights so long.

Nellie said...

I love your NYC pictures, Buttercup! Love to see the city through your eyes!

Annesphamily said...

You my dear Carol, have the good life! I love visiting you here. Blessings, Anne