Powered by Blogger.

Savannah Pink Saturday

There's been lots going on in the extended Buttercupland that's kept me away from the computer. But I'm now happily settled at the computer and it's time for some Pink Saturday fun, Savannah style. Even when I'm away from home I keep an eye out for Pink Saturday photos and I found a few that I'd like to share.

 We did a little shopping during our trip and this tie-dye pink and blue shirt captured my attention. It was a lot colder than I expected and I did buy a fleece shirt, but in a much more subdued lavender. I was pretty sure, that as much fun as this shirt is, it would not get much wear once I was home. 
 
We spent a lot some time at the candy store shopping and praline sampling. In an effort not to buy any pralines for a "snack" I tried to focus on taking pictures. I do like pralines, but I had done them more than justice at the sample section.
 
We did stop for a snack at Leopold's, and had terrific ice cream. I usually go with caramel and nuts, but I had a dish of tutti-frutti, one of the original 1919 flavors and it was really good. I also enjoyed the juke box, which had some fun and familiar songs. 
 
  
The t-shirt for my favorite tutti-frutti is on the bottom left. The ice cream color was definitely the bright pink of the children's t-shirt on the right.
 
 
This week looks to be a quieter week than last week. I've done my grocery shopping, did some cooking -- sautéed chicken and tomatoes -- and am planning to make it to the gym at least twice. I am also going to take advantage of a sale at Michael's and look for Christmas card makings. What's on your agenda?
 
Wishes for a happy and pretty-in-pink week. As always, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

13 comments

The Cranky said...

Leopold's looks like a fun, and calorific, place to visit!

Sola Scriptura said...

What a delightful time you must have enjoyed! Shopping, candy, ice cream and some music on the juke box... it doesn't get much better than that!

TARYTERRE said...

Pralines are easy to sample, that's for sure. The ice cream sounds yummy too.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It looks like you had a good visit to Georgia. Pink is good color, but I'm usually wearing red. After a busy week, I'm sure you'll be happy to have a quieter week ahead. I'm always thankful for a quiet day.

Theresa said...

Lovely pinks in Savannah:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS

Kerin said...

Kind of want to listen to all those old songs now ....**smile**.
I haven't heard Jan and Dean for eons!!

Glad you had a nice trip, and visited some fun places.

Hope that this is a great week for you!!

K.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

It sounds like you had a fun time in Savannah! You amaze me with how busy and all the nice trips that you take! Have a wonderful day.
Julie

Ida said...

What fun. - I'll take one of those Pink lollipops. - Oh the jukebox had great songs.

Susie said...

Buttercup, The Indy Star ran an article about the Leopold's ice cream store one Sunday. It was nice. I like the tunes on the jukebox . Glad you have some fun plans for this week. I am hoping shoveling snow is not going to be on my list. They are talking arctic blast around here in the next few days. xoxo,Susie

BJ PUP said...

The pink lollipops look fabulous.

Mevely317 said...

Crazy to think Savannah has come and gone. Has 2014 gone on fast-forward, or what?!?!

Those are fun jukebox selections. Already, I've Paul Anka singing in my head. :)



Melinda said...

Sound and looks like a fun time.
Our week's plan.is to stay warm.
We will be enjoying a BIG dip
in temps.

M : )

Annesphamily said...

Love those pinks! That t shirt is so cool. Love it! HPS