Powered by Blogger.

Thanks, #DRBigGame, You Made this Football Fan Very Happy!


Truth in journalism...I'm a come-lately football fan. I've been a baseball fan for just about as long as I can remember, but my affection for football developed somewhere in the last decade. That said, I'm a devoted New York Giants fan. I never dreamed I'd meet the players, but #DRBigGame and #CollectiveBias made my dreams come true, not once, but twice. A few weeks ago I had the fun of meeting Rueben Randle and last week I got to meet defensive end, Justin Tuck. Short of the Giants going to the Big Game, it doesn't get much better for this Giants fan.

#DRBigGame. #cbias, #shop
What a thrill! Justin Tuck was the nicest guy and I'm as happy as I look. It's a football fan dream come true.


#DRBigGame, #cbias, #shop
The line was long, but for football fans, it was well worth the wait. 

I also got to do a little shopping while I was at Duane Reade. I'd already stocked up on my chips and candy, but there are some basics we all need and happily my favorites were at the store.

#DRBigGame, #shop, #cbias
I made sure to pick up my favorite, Tide.

#DRBigGame, #cbias, #shop
I got a chuckle at the names of the Old Spice deodorants...Pure Sport and Playmaker. They were perfect for a Big Game weekend. 

What a weekend and what memories! Though the game itself was highly one-sided -- definitely would have liked more excitement and back and forth throughout the game -- Seattle was terrific. I am treasuring the memories of meeting two great football players, the fun and excitement on the Boulevard and yes, Puppy Bowl. I've been enjoying visiting the #DRBigGame website, and looking at all of the fun pictures from the Big Game.

Today's a stay inside and keep cozy day. We've got my least favorite weather, sleet and freezing rain. I do have a physical therapy appointment a little later, but otherwise, it's reading, blogging and cooking.

As always, thanks so much for visiting and take good care. 

12 comments

Melinda said...

Sounds like you had a grand time!
We are on snow day 2 here with 12"
of snow on the ground. Bitterly cold
has arrived also!

Stay warm.

M : )

Susie said...

Carol,
You look great with that big smile. I am so happy for you. I read your posts that I have missed. Looks as if you've been having a wonderful time. We got 8 inches of snow last night. But both our drives are cleared now. The road has been plowed, hoping for mail. Take care, be extra careful going out when it's slick. xoxo,Susie

Linda said...

Snow, snow, snow here..prob over a bit over a foot here on the west side of NY.--Buttercup-I so enjoy reading your blog. Thank you. Blessings

Anonymous said...

You had some wonderful opportunities last week and I'm so happy you shared your pics with us. Glad you are warm and happy indoors today.

Nellie said...

No fan of sleet and freezing rain here! Yuck! You've had great opportunities to meet some good players.

TARYTERRE said...

How exciting for you to meet these guys. Chuckled over the deodorant names.

Sola Scriptura said...

How exciting that you had the opportunity to meet two American football players. I hope all went well (and not too painful) at your physical therapy appointment. Reading, blogging and cooking - It sounds like my favorite cold weather type of day! We have a rare day of sunshine here so I'm off to run some errands...

Theresa said...

Oh you know I am a Football fan and would have stood in that line too:) Baseball is just around the corner, I am ready! Have a blessed day dear friend, stay warm! HUGS!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Loving all your photos and updates from NYC - How exciting to meet some players. Glad you have blogging as an all weather activity, even if it's freezing rain outside! Or come over to Australia we're in another heatwave!
Wren x

Catherine said...

Dear Carol, I am so happy for you.
You sure look happy in that picture.
It is fun to be a kid again and enjoy the simple and fun things in life.
Love the names of the old spice too.
Stay cozy and blessings, Catherine xo

Lynda said...

That is a GREAT pic of you! One of the best on your blog posts. Looks like another good day for you in NYC.

Annesphamily said...

I am so jealous! Justin Tuck has got to be one of the nicest NFL players in the league. Sigh! Lucky you! Sigh!