Powered by Blogger.

I Came to Crochet...Pink Saturday

On my trip to Michael's on Monday I discovered that a craft open house was scheduled for today. If I booked classes today I would get a discount on the class and a discount on supplies. Finally I was going to learn to crochet.

  I spent my bus ride dreaming of the yarn I would pick for my first crocheting project. I kept debating whether I would crochet a scarf or if there was an alternative for a complete beginner. 

When I arrived at Michael's there was a table near the entrance for all of the craft instructors. There was jewelry displayed, cake decorating supplies and cards, but there was no yarn. I asked one of the women sitting at the table where the crochet teacher was and was told that there were two of them and neither had arrived, even though the event had begun an hour before. I didn't want to register without asking a few questions and while I waited for the instructor I made a quick change in plans. I was going to take a different class. The nice woman I had chatted with was teaching card making and I certainly could use a refresher course in that topic. I signed up for "Card Tricks in a Flash," and I have high hopes for this years Valentines. The jewelry looked good, too, but that will have to wait for another time. 

Instead of yarn I have this to look forward to...


...and I think I'll add a pretty in pink scissor, too. 

I really need the pink striped model. Really!

I came to crochet and I departed a card maker. I'm excited about my card making class and I'm already dreaming of the cute cards to come. 

I arrived in time to be early for my Bible study group this afternoon and enjoyed the conversation and the study. We are slowly making our way through Ecclesiastes and feel so grateful to be part of the group.  I walked most of the way home in sixty degree weather, which felt like spring. Very unseasonable, but so nice after our arctic conditions earlier in the week. 

So enjoyed being part of Pink Saturday. Please stop by and meet some great bloggers. As always, thanks for visiting and take good care! 

16 comments

Patty Sumner said...

I had every intention of going to the Painting class. I am determined to take a few classes...well maybe next time.. at least you got there and did a class even if it was not the one you intended... Have a great weekend and get busy with those cards... Blessings!

TARYTERRE said...

The card making sounds like fun. ENJOY!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I'm glad you found something you were interested in since the crochet wasn't available. Card making sounds fun. I love playing with paper and cardstock and stickers, etc. Maybe you can learn crochet some other time.

Lynda said...

I LOVED the weather today, too - - - was outside at least two hours. It was wonderful. I am enjoying your retirement and all the fun things you are doing. I never seemed to have the patience to make cards and am looking forward to your creations.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi, that must of been fun taking that class today crafting. Yes finally the weather was warmer today but I didn't like the rain! Take care and happy crafting.
Julie

Neabear said...

I am glad you had a successful day and learned something new or sort of new. New ideas anyway. We had some rain today, but not enough. We need a lot more rain. I hope we get enough.

Linnea

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm sure you'll get many enjoyable hours out of your card making. It is a fun thing to do. Hope you share pictures of your valentines.

BJ PUP said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying retirement. You get to do what you want, when you want, and for how long you want. Michael's sounds like a fun store.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all about your card making class.

We enjoyed a lovely, spring like afternoon after early morning thunderstorms,too!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Even though you did not get the class you wanted, you seem so excited about your second choice. I love your enthusiasm. You have a great attitude!

Theresa said...

I would love to learn to crochet but I am pretty good at card making:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's nice to be open minded and look at life as an adventure! You'll love the card making and you can always learn crochet later! Enjoy your day my friend!

Lynn said...

I relearned to crochet last year, I should have tried to learn how to make pretty cards ;-) it was good second choice!

Linda said...

Oh..I can't wait to hear all about your card making class. No warm weather today, yesterday it was near 50, today..wc is 28 ish. Ugh..anyways..have a wonderful Sunday.

Melinda said...

At least you were able to choose a different class, on which I'm sure
you will enjoy.

Have fun.

M :)

Mevely317 said...

Totally off-topic, but CONGRATULATIONS on your 5th blogaversary ... and being published! (I'm off to manila in a bit ... still trying to figure where 12 whole days of the new year have slipped off to!)

The card stock looks so inviting ....props to the she who designed those cute scissors.

Sounds like your 2014 is off to a FUN beginning ... so glad you've invited us along for the ride!