Powered by Blogger.

It's a Beautiful Day for the Buttercup Fair...Good Neighbors Candle Co

It's a perfect autumn day in New York City and a perfect day to return to the Buttercupland Fair. Today I have a real treat, an opportunity to see some of the yummiest candles anywhere, made by our delightful blog buddy, Becky, at Hospitality Lane.  I had the great fortune to meet Becky at a wonderful blogger get-together three years ago and am so happy that we have stayed in touch. Her candle creations, Good Neighbors Candle Co. have become a regular part of my annual shopping and each year she has wonderful new additions to her Etsy shop.


My new favorite candle -- at least for now -- is the most fabulously scented hot chocolate candle. I received a sample last week and the folks in my building lobby were as taken with the scent as I was. The presentation was adorable, complete with a gingham ribbon.



Another great gift choice are the devotional candles, which are made to order. You can select either a cotton or hemp wick and from a fabulous array of scents. Pearberry and orange clove are two that caught my attention, but I have a blueberry candle on the book case near my desk and I've enjoyed that a lot, too. These would make lovely and thoughtful hostess gifts at Christmas and Chanukah.

My heart is with these beautiful "Tommy" candles. They were my choice for gifts last year and their sale helps to fund adoptions and raise awareness of orphans throughout the world. They are also made to order. I chose Christmas Cabin last year, but I'm thinking of Hot Chocolate this year.


I couldn't resist the autumn candles -- when you just can't wait for Chanukah -- only six weeks! -- or Christmas, and fell in love with Fresh Baked Apple Pie. I'm a fan of all things apple and I know that this candle has to have a scent that will remind me of all the best of apple season. That will be a tonic for me when it's snowing out.  


I could easily write about every candle in Becky's Etsy shop, there are so many that I've enjoyed. But I leave you the pleasure of visiting her shop and trying to pick the candle and scent you like best.

I hope you've enjoyed our shopping fun. I know I have. I found a fun, fun place on my semi-walk today. Please stop by tomorrow to see the latest addition to my corner of New York. As always, thanks for visiting and take good care of yourself.

Disclosure: I received a sample candle for review, but have not been compensated for my opinions. They are all mine!

13 comments

Melinda said...

Those are wonderful! I bet they
smell yummy.

M : )

Becky K. said...

Carol, You are simply the best! I'm thrilled that you like my candles and would endorse them so kindly. The Tommy candles have been such a blessing to Tommy's family as they adjust to having him home and deal with many medical bills for him.
I can almost imagine you sharing the hot chocolate candle with the people in your building. It brought a huge smile to my face.

Lynn said...

I always stop to look at the candle section but am overwhelmed with the choice, here you've narrowed it down some and my hubby loves scented candles...good information and such unique candle ideas, I think I'd like the hot choc one too.

Theresa said...

I love her and her candles:) Great candles, wonderful scents! Have a blessed day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

Maggid said...

YOU - are marvelous encouragement - AND a living light in the world . .

These candles sounds dee-light-full.

love & love,
-g-

Dee said...

Dear Carol, unfortunately, I am very sensitive to scents and get headaches when I'm around people who wear perfume. So scented candles don't work in my home.

However, I do have friends who enjoy them and so when I get into my Christmas ordering, I'll look at Becky's Etsy Shop and order.

Thanks for sharing all this with us. Peace.

TARYTERRE said...

That APPLE one sounds real good to me.

TARYTERRE said...

That APPLE one sounds real good to me.

TARYTERRE said...

That APPLE one sounds real good to me.

BJ PUP said...

I would constantly think I cam drink the hot chocolate. Yum.

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

These are beautiful candles, and I can imagine the lovely scents. It's so great of you to "shine a light" on others' work. Thank you for leading us to these candles!

Vee said...

Hmmmm...hot chocolate! I have quite a supply already, but that one sounds so wonderful. Thank you for the excellent review of Becky's candles.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those candles are beautiful...the hot cocoa looks real. Thanks for the link to her shop! Hugs!