Powered by Blogger.

Once Again, It's Random 5 Friday


Once again, it's Random 5 Friday, thanks to my friend, Nancy, who so graciously hosts this fun get-together.



1) I made a trip to Avenue M -- way out in Brooklyn -- yesterday on the Q line, and found this great mosaic at the subway station. I was so taken with it that I had to feature it today. The Q line goes further into Brooklyn to Sheepshead Bay and Coney Island. I didn't get all the way out yesterday, but I plan to stop in both places later this summer. 

2) I'm only liking Bloglovin. I've found that sometimes when I attempt to comment on a blog I've been reading the comment link doesn't open. When I go back and find the blog -- not via Bloglovin -- the comment link is fine. Has anyone else had this experience? 

3) It's hot, hot, hot in New York. I know it doesn't compare to the west coast, but I do a lot of walking and it's really hot walking around and sitting at bus stops. I've been drinking a lot of iced coffee and abstaining from mega-amounts of ice cream. So far this strategy is working. 

4) I spent this morning decluttering my bedroom dresser. I'm not sure anyone else would see progress, but I threw away a number of expired samples of cosmetics. I've got a way to go, but I'm pleased to keep at this project. 

5) I'm thinking a trip to Virginia this fall or next spring, particularly Charlottesville. I've never been there and it's been on my list to visit for ages. Anyone want to meet me there?

All random, all me! Hope you're keeping cool this Independence Day weekend. 

19 comments

Anonymous said...

I have had the same problem with bloglovin! That is a pretty mosaic - I'm partial to rabbits anyway.
I have been to Charlottesville twice before and it is lovely/charming. I'm not able to travel but if I could, I'd love to join you there in Autumn.
We have had a LOT of rain this Fourth of July weekend.
Take care.

Nellie said...

Lovely mosaic! I did not sign up for Bloglovin' so I couldn't give any hints there. I expect to be in Virginia in October, though only in the southwestern portion, with no plans to go to Charlottesville. Monticello is a wonderful place to visit. We have been having rain, rain, rain here! We are now almost 16 1/2 inches above our rainfall average for this point in the year.

Enjoy your Saturday!

TARYTERRE said...

PRETTY mosaic.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's hot and muggy here. Almost tropical as we have rain every day it seems. I've been staying in more than out and now the mosquitoes have shown up. Hope you have a great weekend

Mary said...

Beautiful mosaic! Love it. I'd have been taken with it too.

It's actually not as hot out west here as it was at the start of the week. Thank goodness! :)

I should try to avoid the ice cream too. But today, i bought some Talenti gelato pops. Dark chocolate and Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream inside. But that's not ice cream, right? lol

Mevely317 said...

I was wondering about that mosaic, Carol! ... wonder about the back-story for the bunnies?

Virginia in autumn sounds absolutely heavenly! Bet you'll have great fun, even in the planning!

Lynda said...

I have my blogs on Bloglovin but haven't used it yet. Bill and I spent a few hours in the basement yesterday - - - decluttering some more. The trash man will have three big black bags to pick up this week as a result! It feels good to see our walkways widen down there!

Maggid said...

What a beautiful mosaic.
Golly i miss New York. Okay, maybe right now i can be grateful NOT to be dealing with the heat . . .

You are gonna LOVE Virginia.
Love & Love,
-g-

Deanna said...

Iced coffee with added ice cream would sure beat off the heat. Maybe I will consider meeting you in Virginia next spring...my fall is booked.

Dee @ A Deecoded Life said...

Yes, I have the same prob w bloglovin.

Sharon said...

IMHO, Feedly was the best of the Google Reader alternatives. It was easy to transport and I have no complaints with it whatsoever. In fact, I switched almost immediately after Google Reader announced it was going away and I never looked back.

With the move and all, not sure I could work it out in the fall, but would love to meet you in Charlottesville. It is a beautiful place and I'd love another chance to explore it more deeply.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I seem to be OK without going to Bloglovin, although I may be missing something.

I make it a point now to clean out something every week. Even if I only have one bag, I make a trip to Goodwill or throw away something that has been taking up room in my closets or basement. I have accumulated way too many things over the years and it is a much easier task to declutter a little at a time.

Melinda said...

It is always fun to find unusual things to photograph while out and about.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

:)

Nancy said...

I'm on Bloglovin, but I just use my blogroll on my sidebar as my reader. Much less complicating for me.

Love that bunny mosaic -- what a neat surprise. :)

Ms Sparrow said...

There are two ways of looking at decluttering--there is the wrench of making decisions for each separate item but the rewarding feeling of accomplishment is so nice!

Cathyjo said...

I like the moscic also.Take care and keep dring water.ox

Lynn said...

I did signed with bloglovin and wish I had not, I love riding trains and great mosaic.

Pondside said...

I'd have been attracted to that mosaic too - mad for bunnies, especially arts and crafts style.
I didn't make any changes, such as Bloglovin', and I was worried, but nothing seems different. Perhaps I'm in a fool's paradise!

Theresa said...

Love the random things we find to do:) Hope you enjoy this day and get bloglovin to working right! I haven't tried it yet:) Have a blessed Sunday, HUGS!