Powered by Blogger.

Sort of Spring


Yes, the little yellow dots in the corner of the picture are the first actual flowers I've seen outside of the grocery.  The setting isn't beautiful, but it's real, and it absolutely warms my heart. We've got snow predicted again for tomorrow, so it's one more day for boots and gloves. I just hope these little treasures make it through what, I hope, will be our last snowfall of the season.

And where have I been? Work! The project that was scheduled to launch yesterday is now postponed until next Monday. We found this out on Wednesday and it feels like we're moving a very large ship at sea, with no power. Now we're ahead of schedule on most things, but I -- and my colleagues -- were so eager to move everything ahead and we were so close.

As the week was so intense I decided the weekend would be calm. It was a no-plan Saturday, and I really needed it.  I grocery shopped, stopped at the bank and drugstore and got a new watchband. I have a fun plan for this afternoon -- pictures later! -- laundry and a quick trip to pick up wine for Passover, which starts tomorrow night.

I left my camera on the train last week coming home from Providence. A very good Samaritan found me and let me know he had my camera. We haven't caught up yet, but it's put a hold on most of my pictures. I've gotten out my older, quirky camera, but I miss my little blue camera so much.

Wishes for a sweet Sunday!

18 comments

Barbara F. said...

Wow, how nice that a Good Samaritan found your camera and was able to find you. Happy Pesach, too, and have a wonderful Seder. Mazel!! xo

Sheilagh said...

So glad you will be getting your camera back, it is good to know there are still some Good Samaritans out there.

hugs

Sheilagh

xx

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

What a kind person to rescue your camera for you. It's been snowing here. In the UK we usually have a white Easter instead of a white Christmas.

Mevely317 said...

What adventuresome little souls, those tiny yellow blooms ... you're so observant, Carol!

I'm heartened by that Samaritan's kind gesture ...who'd have thought?! Can't wait to see what fun your camera reveals!

Patty Sumner said...

I have been sick for the past week so a very slow weekend for me too. Wow, I cannot believe someone found and is returning your camera...what a blessing! We aree expecting snow too. Hopefully this will be the last one and Spring will make its way here! Blessings!

Susie said...

Buttercup, It's so nice that someone good found your camera. Yes, it's Spring. We had 3 inches of snow this morning and more on it's way. I had my exercise for today...i shoveled the driveway and cleared the porch. Even though it's not done snowing...I just didn't want it to be ice under this coming snow. Stay safe and warm. xoxox,Susie

Nellie said...

That was a very thoughtful person who has let you know the whereabouts of your camera! Looking forward to your pictures of today.

martinealison said...

Il est bon parfois de n'avoir rien de programmé !...
Merci pour cette charmante publication.
Gros bisous

Terra said...

How kind of the Samaritan to hold your camera for you; did you have contact info in the case? Nice to see the tiny yellow flowers.

Pondside said...

It's lovely to hear stories of Good Samaritans....I believe they exist in numbers far greater than many believe.

Carol said...

I believe there is more kindness in this world that is given credit for. Peace to you Buttercup!

Ms Sparrow said...

Wow, tell your nice camera rescuer that he has a fan club in blogville!
What a guy!

Chatty Crone said...

I am so happy that spring is coming there and here! sandie

TARYTERRE said...

You're lucky to see a sign of spring. Yellow is beautiful. Happy Pesach. ENJOY!

Theresa said...

Any little bit of Spring is welcome! Happy to hear that someone found your camera and is returning it to you:) Have a blessed week dear friend, HUGS!

Grammy Staffy said...

It is so nice to know that there are still good people like the one that found your camera. We hear so many bad stories on the news. How refreshing to hear a story about a good Samaritan. I am glad that you will get your camera back. We all love the pictures of NY that you share with us.
Have a wonderful Passover. I'm sending hugs across the miles.

The Cranky said...

How fortunate that a Good Samaritan came along! We're getting lots of snow as I type, let us indeed hope it's the last of the season.

Happy Passover!

Marie Rayner said...

Glad to know there are still honest people out there Carol! We had the same experience up in the Lake District about 8 years ago. Todd lost our digital camera in a men's washroom. It wasn't until we went to take some photos of a waterfall we noticed it was missing. We were sick as you can imagine. We retraced our steps and were very pleased to find someone had turned it in to a Visitors centre close by. Whew! We would never have been able to afford a new one, so we were so very grateful! Winter has returned to us with a vengeance and no end in sight until after Easter at any rate! Some years are like that! xxoo