Powered by Blogger.

Lesson from the Lorax

I've been looking at the picture of me and the Lorax, and my buddies, I am not happy with face I see. It's not age, there's just too much Buttercup. My days at BlogHer were wonderful, but also caloric. There were butter toffee cookies at Land O Lakes and delicious little sausage and biscuit sandwiches at Jimmy Dean. Food was everywhere and so tempting and did I fall to temptation!

About a month ago I received an email asking me to blog at Just Diet Now. I thought it would be a terrific way to be publicly accountable for losing weight and eating more healthy. I also have learned from this blog that I do well with projects when I am writing about them. The photo of me and the Lorax spurred me into action. I posted my first post, "Cute, Short and Chubby" on "Just Diet Now" a little while ago and it feels great.

I am concerned if I can handle two blogs on a regular basis. There are days where I feel I'm not keeping up here and visiting with my blog buddies. I am going to make every effort to be here as much as possible and blog at "Just Diet Now" at least once a week. The link to my post is in the paragraph above and I hope you will stop over and visit regularly. I need all the support and cheering I can get. My goal is a slimmer, trimmer Buttercup for BlogHer '13.

9 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I will cheer you on, but I am no dieter. I'm short and plump and have been this way quite awhile now. I'll check out your post. I hope you do well.

Nellie said...

I certainly will offer my support! I, for one, know all too well about the over-enjoyment of food.:( It has been a real struggle of late to maintain my weight at goal for my Lifetime Weight Watcher status. I'll try to join you in this effort.

xo Nellie

TARYTERRE said...

I am what I am. Which is SHORT and ZAFTIG. I EMBRACE that. I have recently gone down a couple sizes but not doing it intentionally. I support your efforts and wish you well in your goals. GOOD LUCK.

Mevely317 said...

You can do it ... yes, you can!!!
Me, I'm not so sure about yet -- my fat cells and I've become ridiculously good friends by now. :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you much success!

Lynda said...

The diet thing is the most important. On the times you feel we are getting short-changed, just put the link to the other blog on here.

Mimi said...

HI!!
I WILL CHEER for you too!!!
I also made a VOW to lose my Menopause 15 again.......we have a cruise coming up in 2 short months....and I want to feel ok about eating!!!
So I will pop over and see if there is some advice for me!!!
hugs,
jamie

Theresa said...

There is too much of me right now too:) Too many vacations and trips, too much good stuff to eat and not enough healthy eating! I am working on my end too! Notice how many times I sad TOO in the post:) Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Unknown said...

Will support you on this. I've been there- done that. Support helps.
take care.