Powered by Blogger.

Gather 'Round the Bonfire...

It's National S'Mores Day!

We're here to celebrate another sweet, sweet Friday. I'm delighted to celebrate National S'Mores Day. So glad one of my favorite treats has it own happy day. 

I don't make s'mores very much any more, but growing up it was one of my favorite treats. We had a charcoal grill in our backyard and after the hot dogs and hamburgers were cooked, my mother would bring out Hershey bars, marshmallows and graham crackers. Then the fun would really begin.  For anyone unfamiliar with the s'mores, making them was almost as much fun as eating them. I would toast the marshmallow very carefully, trying to achieve an all-around medium brown toasting. That happened rarely and more often the marshmallow was burned or fell off the stick into the charcoal. My hands would be sticky from taking the marshmallow off the stick, but that was part of the fun. The toasted marshmallow was gently put on a graham cracker, topped by a square of a Hershey bar. A graham cracker topped the sweet sandwich and there was a perfect summer moment. Perfect!

My good friends at Hershey's and Walmart sponsored a Bondfire Suite at BlogHer, and was it fun! I loved the experience at last year's BlogHer and couldn't wait to return. It was equal fun this year, though I missed the Mr. Goodbars -- one of my favorite candies -- this year. But that was only a momentary longing and I was very happy with the classic Hershey bar s'more.

The Sweet Suite!

Bondfire Time!

S'Mores Fixings

I've so enjoyed remembering summer evenings long ago and I am smiling at the memories. Thanks Hershey's and Walmart for the Bondfire Suite. Is anyone else as big a s'mores fan as I am?

Wishes for a sweet, sweet Saturday! 

9 comments

Ms Sparrow said...

I have never found the attraction of the combination. I prefer the three ingredients separately. Go figure!

Ms Sparrow said...

I have never found the attraction of the combination. I prefer the three ingredients separately. Go figure!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe I was nearly 20 before I was introduced to S'mores?!

At our last home, we had a fire pit and sitting area beside the creek. I have the sweetest memories of our little great niece making S'mores there!

Have a nice weekend.

Terra said...

Oh yeah, a great childhood treat.

Theresa said...

OH MY... SWEET Smores! My Daughter's family loves making smores! Looks like a yummy weekend where you are! BIG HUGS!

Shoshanah said...

This is such an awesome booth! And Yes, I'm a big s'mores fan. When we were little my brother and I used to always make our mom roast our marshmallows, because she was the best at getting them perfect. Although thankfully she passed her best marshmallow roasting secrets onto me.

Anonymous said...

Love s'mores. And I always burned my marshmallows, too : )

TARYTERRE said...

What sweet memories of your mom and childhood. I am not a big s'mores fan myself, but my daughters loved them.

Lynda said...

I love the chocolate and like the marshmallows enough but have never been a big fan of graham crackers - - - perhaps because we ate them a lot for snacks in our elementary school - - - got tired of them.