Powered by Blogger.

All Over...

...but the memories, and I'm feeling a little sad. I've been looking forward to BlogHer '12 since this time last year. I signed up in the winter to become a volunteer -- I like to be part of events -- and that really increased my anticipation. Once I was diagnosed in May I realized I wouldn't be going away this summer and BlogHer became my goal for recovery. I wanted to be well enough and mobile enough to enjoy it and I was going to push myself as much as I could in physical therapy to do that. I've been fortunate that the p.t. has gone well and I could participate. I did skip the parties -- too much standing -- but enjoyed the sessions, the exhibits and meeting people. I loved meeting people! 

There was the Lorax and my buddies, the Smith Brothers and the Sun and sweet, sweet Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman. What fun to meet her and she was as nice as I expected. I was especially delighted with how friendly and down-to-earth she was. That really impressed me. But there were lots of people who weren't famous, but who made the weekend for me. I got to meet my my blog buddy, who was even funnier, warmer and smarter in person than her blog. What a honey! I spent time at the registration desk with two delightful bloggers, Laundry for Six and Girl with Blog. There were five thousand (Yes, that's right!) people at the conference and I might not have met these two interesting, funny women. What fun to spend time with them. 

Perhaps the one thing I like best about blogging is getting to meet people I ordinarily don't get to meet, people whose lives are very different from mine. This was especially true on Saturday morning. My blog buddy and I met for breakfast on Saturday. The breakfast theme was "Birds of a Feather," and some of the tables had signs for different blog interests. We were looking for the "Boomer" table, but the ballroom is huge and after walking the equivalent of a block we just picked a table. We made a lucky pick. There were no boomers at the table, but some bright, very lively women. The creator of Her Zimbabwe joined us. What an extraordinary young woman and what a blog. This is one blog that I will definitely be following. I am in awe of all that she has created. 

Lastly, what a treat to spend time with people who make BlogHer work. Thanks Tonia, Amelia and Lori. It was great working with all of you and I look forward to more adventures to come. Here's to BlogHer '13. Chicago, here I come!

19 comments

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So nice reading this post about your experience at BlogHer this year and of the friends you connected with. Heading to visit the links you shared :)

Ms Sparrow said...

It sounds like a wonderful time!

Theresa said...

It sounds like you had the best time! I would love to join in sometime and would love to meet you! Someday... sigh:)

Have a blessed week dear friend, HUGS!

Unknown said...

Seemingly, you had a very nice time, and meeting different ones...What a wonderful experience! Hugs

Anonymous said...

How does one get to attend Blogher 13'? Though I won't likely be blogging then I still wanna go!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you were able to attend and had such a great time. What a fabulous experience!

Unknown said...

It was great meeting you at BlogHer '12. Hope to see you next year in Chicago! K-

TARYTERRE said...

Did you say Chicago? That might be do-able for me. Alot can happen in a year, so I'll have to see. I am so glad you met so many wonderful women. I promise to check out the links later in the week. Motivation after surgery is a must have. I am glad your health permitted you to attend. take care.

Mevely317 said...

So happy your BlogHer experience was a Great one!!!
Tom and I've been talking about Chicago for the last 7-8 years ... this may be the proverbial "straw" to make it happen!

Unknown said...

You were a highlight of my weekend!! I'm so grateful to have met and worked with you and your sweet heart. Thanks for making the time at the desk go quickly =)

Terra said...

5,000 bloggers, wow, and you had the right goal to inspire you to a quick healing.

Petronela said...

I am not an active BlogHer, but I do share your enthusiasm when it comes to blogging and bloggers. I've made an impressing number of virtual friends. Kisses Buttercup you are an inspiration :)>

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So glad you had a great time and added some new blogger friends too. Hope your Monday is off to a great start there.

Kerin said...

Oh .. it sounds like a wonderful time!
How fun to get re-charged, and meet so many great people!
To all those doubters..."blogging can really enrich your life"!

Hope this is a great week for you!!

Smiles :)
Kerin

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow..you must gad a wonderful time..;)
Tasty Appetite

Nellie said...

It sounds as though you had a wonderful time at BlogHer! Chicago will be fun!

Lynda said...

You definitely have found an event you love. They have made a convert out of you for sure! It's nice to have something to look forward to.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I was away traveling across country during the NYC BlogHer convention but curious as to how you found the experience, Carol! It sounds like it was lots of fun, and I'm glad you had a good time and met seom nice people there.

Ashleigh Burroughs said...

Thanks for the shout out, blog buddy mine <3 You have created such a wonderful slice of the interwebs here in Buttercupland... no wonder all these people love you! Can't wait to see your new, slimmer self in Chicago next year!
a/b