Powered by Blogger.

Feeling Sad You Didn't Get to New York for Fashion Week?


Don't be sad! I live here and I didn't get there either. To make up for it I took a walk down one of the best shopping streets in the world, Madison Avenue, to get some photos of what the fashionable fashionistas saw last week. Want to join me?

Love the bright colors, but a little exposed for my life. 

Would love to have somewhere to wear this!

Spring wedding wear

Red and white caught my attention

The perfect spring outfit for our favorite little fashionistas

As long as we're discussing shopping I made one addition to my purchases for low spending February. In December I was looking for a sweater for holiday parties and found one I liked a lot at Banana Republic. It's a silver cotton and rayon cabled sweater and it was marked down to fifty-nine dollars. It was just what I was looking for, but they didn't have my size. I even checked online, but couldn't find it there. I stopped at Banana Republic this morning -- wanting to use a gift card I had to buy socks -- and there was the sweater in my size. It was marked forty-one dollars and there was a twenty-five percent discount on sale items. Using my gift card my purchase came to ten dollars. Hurray! My total spending -- non-food and non-events -- for things for February is twenty dollars.  With one confession...I picked up my new prescription glasses this morning and spent $109. for them. Do glasses count as a purchase?  

It's been a lovely weekend and I've enjoyed today a lot. Hope you've also had a good day. Happy Birthday, President Washington! 


17 comments

Unknown said...

Great tour! You are spending thriftly also. I hope you have had a beautiful day, and wish you a lovely evening! Hugs

Maggid said...

You HAVE to be able to see! Nope, glasses don't count. I am happy you are a fashion minded lady - Me? I can't be trusted with new, pretty clothes, BUT, i sure enjoy seeing other ladies wear them.

Happiest Day to You!
-g-

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful about the sweater! I agree, glasses do NOT count! I love that frilly yellow dress above but have no where to wear it! Thanks so much for the tour!

TARYTERRE said...

LOVED seeing the storefronts and pretty window displays. WHAT a deal on your sweater. ENJOY. I personally think the glasses are a basic necessity and do NOT count as a splurge. You did GOOD. Take care.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I love that flowing yellow dress... Of course, yellow (in summer) is my favorite color... Gorgeous!!!!

Glasses are definitely a needed purchase.... Oh Well.

Hugs,
Betsy
Please remove your Word Verification PLEASE... I can't read that stuff.. Thanks!!!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Wellllll, it sounds like the perfect meant to be moment for you BR sweater. I love happy endings! Oh and glasses don't count at all...they are a neccessity.

Love the fashion trip!!!!! Never been to NY and felt like I was there.

xx
Becky

Mimi said...

HI!!!!
OH I SO ENJOYED your walk down Madison Ave!!!I felt like I was with you!!!
GOOD job on the NOT spending!!!!NO, Glasses do not count....they are a necessity, so I say NO!!!I sure would LOVE to shop in New York....but other then a FEW really good designer shops, I bet I could find it all here in AZ!!!
Glad you had a 3 day week-end!!
hugs,
jamie

Marie Rayner said...

I think you can get away with the glasses Buttercup. I think they would count as a necessity. Love this walk down Madison Ave. It's nice to see NYC through your eyes. I enjoy it every time. xxoo

Lorraine said...

Love the photos Buttercup! My aunt used to take me to NYC every Saturday for ballet lessons (back in the late 60s). I always loved looking in the store windows. After my lesson she would take me out for lunch and I would get a BLT with a vanilla malted. I remember going to Brentano's bookstore and Takashimaya.
Wow! Your photos just brought all those memories back! :)
Lorraine

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Isn't it nice to see all the new things for Spring? It will be nice to dress in lighter weight and color clothing. These winter layers make me feel bogged down sometimes but I like to stay warm. Glad you found such a great deal and no...glasses are not to be counted...they are a necessity. Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

I love window shopping! and the yellow gown is beautiful!You are so right I would love a place to wear this to also. I have never been to NY and would love to visit one day, its on my list of places to see. Thank you for the fashion show.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Theresa said...

Lovely fashions and look at you finding what you wanted, ON SALE and with a coupon! Way to go! Enjoy your day my friend, HUGS!

Lisa @ Grandmas Briefs said...

Love the tour, especially that yellow dress (which I have nowhere to wear such a thing either, unfortunately). And what a deal you go on your sweater! Smart shopping!

Thanks for stopping by Grandma's Briefs! Great to see you!

Melinda said...

Pretty pretties.
Super bargain on the sweater--who would of thought you would have been able to get it later?
Woohoo!

RE:Do you need my address for the the giveaway?

Melinda

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I love all the short dresses! I really don't understand the bright color trend right now. Even for workout gear :( I'm a grey and black kind of person.

Mevely317 said...

Goodness, that little red number on the right reminds me of high school (ca 1968)!

Great find on the sweater ... that's kismet!

Lynda said...

It looks like a beautiful day there. I have to get new lenses for my glasses - - but my frames have been discontinued. If anything were to break on my current frames, their aren't parts to fix them - - - - so looks like I have to buy new frames, too. My glasses will be over $300 and hopefully less than $400 - - - - ouch.