Powered by Blogger.

Feeling (Almost) Groovy

For some reason -- probably the myriad of pharmaceuticals I've ingested in the last few days -- the words to the "59th Street Bridge Song, aka "Feeling Groovy" keep running through my mind. I'm definitely not feeling groovy, but am feeling about as groovy as one can feel with three small punches in one's tummy.

Despite Irene's visit my surgery went on as scheduled. There seemed to be very few operations at the major medical center on Monday and as a result I got a lot of attention. Every one had lots of time to talk to me, and even though the surgery was delayed by hours I had company -- a very nice nurse and several medical students -- television and lots of magazines. I fought to hold on to my glasses and was able to read while I waited.

I'm uncomfortable, but not in much pain. My big concern about pain from the air that was pumped into my stomach didn't materialize and I am very grateful. I have, however, lost most of my voice from the tube in my throat from the anesthesia, but am sure I will fully speaking again shortly. On a more important note, the initial biopsy was negative and my generally non-optimistic doctor is optimistic that the fuller biopsy, due at the end of the week, will also be negative.

My tumor is a somewhat rare one that generally is only found by medical examination. Not often malignant it can become malignant. Mine was found in a routine annual exam, so please don't skip your exams. I had no symptoms and felt great.

Thanks, Jess, for the update on Monday. Love the picture of the men in black and our happy memories. Thanks, dear blog friends for all of your good wishes. Buttercup has lots of blessings to count!   

15 comments

Barbara F. said...

Glad it is over and not as bad recuperating as you imagined, and most importantly, I love that word "negative". Feel better. xo

Sheilagh said...

So pleased it is over and the Dr is optimistic. I like negative too. Take care my dear friend.

Love and hugs

Sheilagh and Ralph

xxx

Chatty Crone said...

SO thankful it went well in spite of Irene and that things look great! sandie

Unknown said...

Happy to hear you are done with that and good news! Have a speedy recovery. Hugs!

Theresa said...

Great news on the biopsy, I pray that you continue to improve! Prayers and hugs coming your way!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a blessing to have such good news. I'm so thankful that your initial prognosis is cancer free. That is something that we all like to hear. Take care and rest and get better soon. LOLAH.

TARYTERRE said...

Thank goodness that surgery is behind you. Fingers are crossed the news is good at the end of the week. You hang in there in the meantime. REST and RELAX.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend! Great news!

Mevely317 said...

Whew!!! Aside from the (understandable) discomfort, this sounds like GOOD news!

Yes, I used to LOVE Harpers Bizarre. Drove my parents crazy singing, "Slooooooow down, you move too fast........"

Grammy Staffy said...

I am so glad that all is going well for you. I was really praying that the tumor would be benign like mine were. What a blessing for both of us!!! Some of my worst pain came from the gas. I am glad that you avoided that. If your healing time is like mine, you will be feeling much better by the end of the 2nd week...and even better than that by the end of the 3rd. I hope that each day will get better for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Lura

Melinda said...

Glad to hear the news. Very happy for you.
Drink lots of water to keep that throat moist.

Get lots of rest!

Melinda

Lynda said...

Laproscopic surgery is so much better than the large incision. I did have that air that couldn't escape after my tubal ligation. It stuck in my upper right shoulder and definitely was uncomfortable. We prayed for an easy recovery for you and thus far, it sounds like it is coming to fruition. Praying, too, that the biopsy results stay good.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I have been away in Colorado visiitng my kids and grandkids so I am sorry I haven't been visiitng carol. I am so glad to hear tyou did well after surgery and that the tumor was completely removed and caught early. I will be praying for your full recovery. Rest and heal and feel better soon!
{{Hugs}}} Pat

Jemi Fraser said...

Glad things are looking good and you're recuperating. Take good care of yourself & I'll keep sending my best wishes your way.

Jemi Fraser said...

Glad things are looking good and you're recuperating. Take good care of yourself & I'll keep sending my best wishes your way.