Powered by Blogger.

BlogHer Coverage is Interrupted by Real LIfe

I haven't done a proper post -- or two -- on my experiences at BlogHer in San Diego. To sum it up in a few words, worthwhile and a whirlwind. I enjoyed the sessions very much and got to meet some very interesting and nice people. I definitely will be keeping in touch. A high point of my trip was the opportunity to meet wonderful Lura and her terrific husband, John.

But real life has intruded on the fun. Last Monday, before I went to San Diego I followed up a referral from my doctor with a sonogram. The sonogram showed a two inch mass on my ovary. I have a terrific doctor and her follow-up was immediate. On Wednesday I was in her office for a blood test. I did a quick google search on ovarian cysts and decided I would leave my laptop in New York and go off to San Diego and enjoy! I am a worrier by nature, but the fun of BlogHer and my time with Lura definitely helped ease my mind.

I spoke with my doctor this morning and the blood test was negative. There is still room for error in the results, but this makes me feel much better. I've got a cat scan scheduled for tomorrow morning and am also trying to set up a surgical consultation. No matter what the pictures look like the cyst has to come out.


Though we are all across many miles I am asking for your prayers. It's an easy request to make, because you are all among the kindest and most thoughtful people I know and I can feel your good wishes and prayers across the miles.

Tomorrow we will resume BlogHer coverage with a photo of the sweetest new friend I met at BlogHer. He's a sweetie and I know you will like him as much as I do!

18 comments

Anonymous said...

You will be in my heart and prayers. Mildred

~Kristen~ said...

Prayers are heading your way for peace and continuing good results. Many times people have cysts on their ovaries and they are benign more often then not. And thank you for putting me on your prayer list. I greatly appreciate all I can get.

Mevely317 said...

Praying!!!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

For sure I will be praying for you! :)

TARYTERRE said...

You'll be in my prayers. Positive thoughts are headed your way.

Barbara F. said...

Sending prayers your way. Glad you had a good time. xo

Melinda said...

Blessings and prayers for you my friend!

Melinda

Sheilagh said...

Praying for you my dear friend. I'm positive you will get through this. Thank for your thoughts and prayers. Love you xx

Sheilagh & Ralph
xxx

Lorraine said...

Try not to worry. Everything will be fine. You'll see.((((hugs))))

Sharon said...

Yes, life has funny way of interrupting at the most inopportune moments and reminding us that we are in control of NOTHING!! Yes, I will be praying. The amount of time I spend doing just that is very much within my control!

MsGraysea said...

May you have a quick and negative resolution to this challenge! Wishing you ease and staying mindful of you in prayer.

Grammy Staffy said...

You are on my mind and in my prayers all the time. I remember so well how I felt 3 1/2 weeks ago when I was facing the same surgery. I know that it is hard to wait but don't despair .... God will be with you and hopefully your results will turn out to be benign... just like mine were. My love is with you sweet friend. Hugs, Lura

Sybil said...

I am so jealous that you were able to meet up with our wonderful Lura..can just imagine the great time you had together..
Sorry to read about the cysts but I am sure with all the prayers that are surrounding you all will be well...
Much Love sybil xxx

Lynda said...

You are a smart woman not to ignore that problem and get it taken out as soon as possible. Oh the joys of an aging body - - - - anyone over 25 can claim that!
You were also smart to leave the laptop and enjoy the conference.

Kate said...

Sending wishes for the best possible news as soon as possible.
Love
K

Anonymous said...

I will keep you in my prayers

Chatty Crone said...

I'll be praying too!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I will ceertainly pray for you, Carol, that everything is OK and that you'll be as good as new very soon!