Powered by Blogger.

Happy Mother's Day


This is one of my favorite pictures with my mother. I'm about six months old and it's the winter of 1951. We are in the backyard of the house where my grandparents lived. I posted it on facebook, too, and got to share it with my first cousins. The house was familiar to me, but being much younger than I am they had never seen the house where their father and my mother grew up. It's lovely to share family memories.

An equally lovely treat was a long chat with dear K. We gabbed on and on and shared our healthy eating tips and eye glass buying disaster stories. That's the beauty of friendship...a simple chat is so pleasurable.

Thank you all for your thoughts on my last post. I am so appreciative of your support and your wisdom. I feel tremendous gratitude for the thoughtfulness and kindness that you are offered. It's been difficult to shake off the many emotions that have been going through my mind, but I felt much more able to think of the present and future as the week has gone on.

Wishing you all a blessed and happy Mother's Day.

12 comments

Amrita said...

That 's an adorable photo. Have a lovely day

Mevely317 said...

Oh, I miss those baby bonnets!
Great picture ... thanks for sharing!

Chatty Crone said...

What a nice photo - I love to see the older ones - especially when you know who they are!
Thanks for sharing.
sandie

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

What a lovely picture. I love old photos.
Have a blessed day. Sue

Mimi said...

HI!!!
WHAT A GREAT PIC!!I did not know you were on facebook!!!I am too!!!
I like this way of talking to new friends though!!!
Have a great day, you have the heart of a Mother!!!
Love ya,
jamie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Friends and family are two of the greatest things we have in our lives. I hope your Sunday is a wonderful one!

Maggid said...

Good Morning to you, Buttercup!!!
hey, the Moses Quest is a murder mystery - i don't remember the last time i read a murder mystery - this book has an unusual premise. . . that i found interesting - if you do find the time to read it, I'd like to hear what you thought. I had an interesting class about two weeks ago - my students were discussing Abram - and how the story could have been much different if Abram had stayed in Egypt . . . I am always so proud of the students when they begin to discover for themselves, think outside the box (so to speak) - They always seem to bring their best to the table . . .

Happiest Day to You!
love & love,
-g-

Lorraine said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Buttercup (always makes me think of Princess Buttercup from the Princess Bride). Great old photo. Love that car!
Thanks for stopping by to say hello. It's a beautful sunny day here in the northeast. Yippeee!

Sybil said...

I do love that old photo.. Beth brought some down to me the other day and there was one I had never seen of my two older sisters and I when I must have been about a year old. what fun to look at and share !!
Love Sybil xx

Teacherfish said...

Hope you enjoyed this glorious weekend in NYC. We were walking around Redhook a few weekends ago and guess what- I discovered the Frozen Key Lime on a Stick! Delicious! I hope the bright sunshine has lifted your spirits- I always find Mother's Day the most bitter sweet of holidays- so many good memories- yet the sadness of loss. Anyway let me not bring you down- have a great week!

Lynda said...

That's part of life - - - a myriad of emotions. It's okay to visit the past - - even when it decides to drop in unexpectedly but Praise God we can also decide to appreciate the present and anticipate the future.
Our baby pictures are probably quite similar since we were both in our first year in '51.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

A very sweet photo of little you and your mom! Precious!