Powered by Blogger.

Thankful in April...Quiet Sunday Morning

This is how my day began...


It begins this way every day, but it's not often that I start the day leisurely with the paper. On weekdays, it's shower, breakfast, look at email and get dressed more formally than I did this morning. Today it's jeans, sneakers and t-shirt, but during the week it's an attempt at a more polished look.

Without anywhere I need to be until 1:00 P.M. I managed to sort laundry, do some blog visits, wash a sweater and stockings and take a walk in the beautiful spring morning. The walk included one of my favorite things to do, breakfast out.



I combined several favorite things -- the paper, breakfast and iced coffee -- in one quiet hour. So grateful!

I'm thankful this April morning for sunshine, iced coffee, bagels -- sesame with butter -- and for the people who bring me the New York Times every morning.  And of course, for my blog friends who come and visit.

What are your simple pleasures this April morning? Hope you have many! 

10 comments

Gloria said...

Greetings! Oh, how jealous am I that you had a delicious NY bagel this morning!!! I cannot tell you how much I miss NY bagels. Bagels in Conn. STINK!! I know it's ridiculous, but that is the #1 thing I miss: a sesame bagel with lots of butter... that's my favorite too! I hope you are having a good afternoon, I think you mentioned you were meeting friends? As for my simple pleasures today, I think it be just being thankful and grateful that my son and I are alive and well. :)
Best,
Gloria

Kathleen said...

I am sesame with butter too! Hey, where is our warmer weather? It is chilly out there!

Sybil said...

I am glad to be back on line after 10 days without an internet connection or telephone....

I would have been so so happy this morning if I could only forget the things of the last week.
I have written my blog now and you will be able to seee why I desperately need your prayers just now.
Much Love Sybil xx

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the lazy Sunday mornings. I often enjoy staying in my pajamas and drinking my good cup of coffee. Our church service isn't till 11 so that lets me wake up slowly. I will love it even more when the weather warms up and I can take that coffee outdoors and enjoy the sunshine and watch the birds. Hope the rest of your day has been just as good as the beginning.

Mevely317 said...

I so enjoy your allowing us a glimpse of your days! Have to agree, Sunday mornings are a fav ... and "self" is allowed to play :)

Something you said about washing your stockings? I've not a little regret, having to "give up" wearing hose out here. Crazy, but that always made me feel more "finished."

Enjoy your new week!

Hollie said...

Thank you for dropping by my place! Come back anytime!

Nothing like a good morning stroll...especially if it takes you out to breakfast!

Lynda said...

We had GORGEOUS weather today - - - mid-seventies with a delightful breeze/wind. And most Sunday mornings, I have the simple pleasures of being with people I love as they check out books I love from our church library!

Amrita said...

Good morning Buttercup.

We had a cool refreshing shower early this morning. Tha t was my blessing.

The temperatures are not too high for this time of the year.

Bernie said...

Oh your Sunday morning sounds lovely. I start everyday with my coffee and newspaper.....I am still waiting for Spring to arrive.....:-)Hugs

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

My NY Times comes neatly wrapped up in a blue bag every day. I save the blue bag to dispose of my cat's litter box clumps. It's a win win situation! :)

Bagels and a "schmear" --the best way to start the day, isn't it?